Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Ebay Miracle Chips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2005, 01:08 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Ebay Miracle Chips

Actually, I was just wondering what type of resistor they use for the gains of "up to 20 hp!!!" I may get more tommorow (no school) and I am looking for a cheap way to entertain myself for a half hour or so. Will any radio shack resistor work? How much resistance? I think I have the color codes down. Im not expecting more power, I want to do this just for a kick.

Old 11 Feb 2005, 03:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Do a search, they have been discussed before. It 'tricks' the computer into thinking the air is cold, without sensing an open circuit. If you have a factory manual, you should be able to pick the temp the computer 'sees' by finding the IAT Sensor resistance graph. Doesn't help much.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 11 Feb 2005, 08:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by proxeyed

Actually, I was just wondering what type of resistor they use for the gains of "up to 20 hp!!!" I may get more tommorow (no school) and I am looking for a cheap way to entertain myself for a half hour or so. Will any radio shack resistor work? How much resistance? I think I have the color codes down. Im not expecting more power, I want to do this just for a kick.

Actually it does work. Have you noticed that your n/a PT is more powerful on colder days then hotter days? It's because the PCM advances the timing to better burn the fuel. The resistor makes the PCM thing the air coming in is cold and advances the timing. The cost of the PCM advancing timing? A lost of 1-2 miles per gallon. The gain? A nice little kick! And if you have a K&N Filter, then the kick will be stronger.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 12 Feb 2005, 02:26 am
Cool Cruiser

There's one downside to this idea.
The PCM doesn't read the air temp sensor above 85% throttle angle.
This means that any resistor will be useless when you step on it.
Above 85% throttle, the PCM goes into a pre-programmed fuel and ignition strategy. The mid-throttle timing will advance as far as 37 degrees. At WOT, the most advance you will ever see is 24 degrees.
Chrysler uses a very conservative PCM strategy to keep the motor running for a long time.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 06:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Tw3NTy0n3

So let's get one and step on it 84% of the way. Hehe. Proxeyed, if you get one, let us know how it goes.

I wanna get more outta this Cruiser without spending alot of dinero. Spark plug wires and new spark plugs is next for me. Maybe a Demon coil too.
Stone White 2001 . True Cold Air Intake . Burp Free Shift Mod w/ Switch . Freedom Design Strut Bar . Dynomax Turbo Muffler . Pioneer MP3 CD-Player . Kenwood C6889IE\'s in the back . Alpine SPS-170A\'s in the front . 2 12" Subs @ 1200 watts each inside a C4 . 600 watt 2 CH Amp .

SOLD!
-
Proud member of Critical Damage Automobile Club©
Old 12 Feb 2005, 10:48 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I had one in my 2001. MX-5 is right, but you do feel a decent kick. I might get flamed for this, but I found it definately worth the $5 it cost me.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

Old 12 Feb 2005, 11:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TaylorMade

I bought one and saw that it was a tiny plastic thing connected to a wire and threw it out cause it looked like nothing. I wouldnt do it if i were you
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 13 Feb 2005, 12:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Taylor, you got the "chip" version. That is crap. The resistor, thou, really does work. Make the car feel like you were driving it on a brisk winter's day, ie., the timing advances and gives you more power. Not much, but enough to be felt especially if you have a K&N filter. Had it on my 2001, and loved it. By the way, any updates on the Hahn's turbo upgrade?

Old 13 Feb 2005, 01:07 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tw3NTy0n3

So let's get one and step on it 84% of the way. Hehe. Proxeyed, if you get one, let us know how it goes.

I wanna get more outta this Cruiser without spending alot of dinero. Spark plug wires and new spark plugs is next for me. Maybe a Demon coil too.
Forget the Demon coil. You will feel no difference. Save your money. The factory coil is more than adequate.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 13 Feb 2005, 02:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

For $5 I'd be willing to give it a shot. I just don't know what exactly I'm looking for on E-bay. Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33597

If not, can someone give me a link to the resistor.