Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
good high performance tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Default good high performance tires

My Toyo Proxes T1-S need to be replaced very soon. They are hug the road very nice, but they are quite expensive. Can anybody recommend an ultra high performance tire for around $125 each. I have been told that a Yokohama AVS ES-100 is a good tire for the money. I have also been told that the Toyo Proxy-4 is another good tire. I am looking for a summer tire, no need for winter tires in So Cal.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 01:14 am
Fanatic Cruiser

If you haven't checked out tirerack.com's reviews on tires for the PT's, I think it's a good place to get a lot of opinions.

Here's one that caught my eye, and the price is right. After looking at the ratings, click on reviews, then you can choose "reviews by PT Cruiser owners" only...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Old 17 Feb 2005, 01:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I answered you on the other forum, but might as well do it again here. I went with the Ultra High Performance of KUHMO 712s. Definately summer tires as I had no need for winter tires either.

Here's some info on them:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....CSTA+Supra+712

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 01:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Jeff V...great minds think alike!

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 01:25 am
Fanatic Cruiser

[^] Crewzin
Old 17 Feb 2005, 02:26 am
Senior Cruiser

I would suggest the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW. I hear it is quite a good tire for about $120.00.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 02:49 am
Veteran Cruiser

I have Toyo Proxes 4 tires and I love them. Best tires I've owned.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 17 Feb 2005, 12:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

i thought the kdw was more expensive than $120 in 17"
i have the kuhmo 712s they are pretty darn good for the money. no squealing and decent tire life. i corner the hell out of em and they are still going strong after 1 year of use (had them for 2 years but only use in warm months)
the Falken Ziex 512 all season tire i use for the winter has way better grip in the wet and actually works in snow, the dry grip is better too but the downside is lower tire life but not much lower than the kuhmos though. i paid $108 each for 225/45/17 i would buy these again.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 01:07 am
Young Cruiser

I really would like to get the Proxes-4 tires. For 4, mounted and balanced is around $560 maybe a little bit more. Money for me is a little tight right now. I really only need 2 tires for now, so it would ultimately end up cheaper. On the other hand, RallyD, how well do your Falkens corner? Can you still corner the hell out of them, because I can do that with the T1-s. Reason I ask, I can get 4 Falken Ziex 512 225/45/17's for $305 plus mounting and balancing. I am looking for a tire that can hold corners well. The Kumhos sound pretty interesting too.

\'01 Cranberry PT Touring 5spd, 17\"BBS YZ Rims, 2-10\" Polk Momo Subs, Infinity speakers all around, Sirius Satellite Radio, Valentine One Radar Detector, lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit, BTG strutbar,K&N FIPK intake, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Blllet Aluminum Grille, 5% tinted windows all around, B&M Short Shifter w/Booger Bushings. Interior & Exterior Red Underglow. $55 in the gas tank (5-8-06)

Old 18 Feb 2005, 12:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

the falkens are very grippy in dry or wet conditions, pretty quiet on the highway too. that is a great price, i would save the 2 good toyos that you have as spares if you have the room.