monza dual exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2005, 07:06 am
Young Cruiser

Default monza dual exhaust

anyone ever hear of this brand? if so is it loud? - thanks
Old 03 Mar 2005, 09:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I had Monza exhausts on my Corvette for a couple years. They were loud, mainly because they did away with the mufflers and added just a small resonator in each pipe. The Monza for the cruiser doesn't look too bad, and a lot less expensive then a lot of the others. I don't think they will be stainless for that price.

Here's the link were I saw them....

http://bizrate.lycos.com/buy/product...-22000300.html

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Mar 2005, 10:29 am
Young Cruiser

Before the 'Cruiser, I had a Neon and the Monza or Pacesetter exhaust for the Neon was not very durable. If you live were they salt the roads in the winter, I would not buy it. Some of the guys painted or coated the exhaust before they installed it and it seemed to last longer.

-Andy

2005 Show Schedule
Cruisers @ Daytona IV - May 6,7,8
Cruise the Alley IV - May 20, 21
Meet Me in St. Louis on Route 66 - July 22-24
Many local shows!
Old 03 Mar 2005, 11:26 am
Senior Cruiser

I used to live up north until the last 15 yrs and to tell you the truth I can't remember going out and replacing my exhaust systems that often. In those days money meant everything and if I had to replace exhausts every 2 or so yrs I would have remembered.
For $230 for what you are looking at, thats not bad at all. But, I do believe that you would have to have a 30" resonator installed but, with no muffler, it would still be kinda of loud, depending on your likes and also depending on your inspection stations!
My car has duals, 30" resonator and the tips have resonators, AND, the neighbors know. But I like it.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I had Borla duals on my 01 LE. They sounded ok.
On my turbo I had the Bassani's which were loud to me.
For the cost, I'd find a good custom exhaust shop. I went with 2.5" to a transverse Magnaflow muffler seated where the spare tire used to be to 2.5" dual tips. Mufflers hidden and the sound is pleasing to me. The tire fits under the rear shlef when it's at it's lowest setting. my exhaust guy had a boot made for it.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html