Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
front brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2005, 10:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default front brake

17000 mille and need new front brake pad wow! first time i need to change my brake this soon is it normal whit a pt im not a very hard driver usely whit my oder car i change at 35000-45000 mille
Old 09 Apr 2005, 01:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

While 17k miles is a little early, however, PT's driven exclusively in stop and go traffic don't have a very long life on their front brake pads. Chrysler replaced both front and rear brake calipers on the right side of my PT GT under warranty at about 25k miles because the pads on the right side had worn down to the limit while the left pads had plenty of wear left.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 09 Apr 2005, 10:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Do yourself a favor and get ceramic pads - they last longer, and NO DUST! I went with Raybestos cermaics on my '02.
WWW.PartsAmerica.Com.
[?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Apr 2005, 10:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Agree with Don, get the ceramic's
I went with the ones from Napa

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 10 Apr 2005, 05:20 am
Senior Cruiser

If your rotors are still good I would consider it a warning to put on better pads. If your backs are still good I would chalk it up to lots of brake use in traffic. If the rears are also worn out then I would think something is dragging the brakes or most of your braking is from hight speed! My 03 has 36,000 miles and my brakes both front and rear will be replaced in about 4,000 with still more miles left but I want some performance pads and rotors! Lots of highway driving and both wife and I are right footed brakers.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.