Senior Cruiser

Welcome to this forum.The key is change your oil and filter
every 3000 miles.For the record I use K&N filter and
Mobil 1.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 06 May 2005, 11:48 am
Senior Cruiser

Synthetic lubricates your engine a little better, especially during cold start-up in cold climates because it flows better. It can go longer between changes, too but most of us don't stretch the miles out any more than dino oil.

If you choose to go with regular dino oil, be sure to use a quality, name brand. Stay away from those cut-rate, no-name oils sold at discount stores.

Welcome to the WORLD OF CRUISIN". [8]
Old 09 May 2005, 11:23 am
Young Cruiser

So, I guess everyone hear doesn't recommend having you oil changed by the local place that just puts whatever in.... I've been meaning to get some rhino ramps so I can do it myself, but its hard being at school and parking your car a half mile away to work on your car. Thankfully, I'm graduating in a week and will be at home where I can give the PT a little more attention. One of the reasons I like having a mechanic do it, is in case something else is wrong that I just wouldn't notice. I'm not as mechanically inclined as I wish I was (but I can change the oil). How much better is synthetic? Is it really worth the extra?

Old 10 May 2005, 04:08 am
Senior Cruiser

Yes not a good time for a hungry V8 powered Jeep! Sometimes better lucky than smart!! Synthetic is better than dino oil but if you cant afford it dont go in hock and just by a good named oil and do it yourself every 3,000 miles and under normal driving and normal conditions you will be OK!![8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 10 May 2005, 09:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rymanrph

How much better is synthetic? Is it really worth the extra?
The title of the thread was what's the best. Synthetic oil is best.
It lasts longer, takes heat and cold better, and lubricates better. If it's worth it is up to you. If you change "regular" oil frequently, don't live in Barrow, Alaska, don't tow a trailer thru Death Valley, regular oil willl be fine.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 May 2005, 04:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

no matter what oil you use as long as you change it
and the filter every 3000 you will be OK. Changing oil on the Cruiser is a snap.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)