Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
stressed windshield

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 May 2005, 04:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default stressed windshield

The other day while on the highway in my 05 Touring the windshield must have been struck with a grain of sand. It left a pit near the center of the windshield that appears to have been done with the tip of a sewing needle. No exaggeration, I had to use a magnifier to see the it. But, from this nano-flaw a 5/16" horizontal crack has formed. I'm hoping a Novus injection will stop the cracking. Are PT windshields unusually stressed from body flex or from the installation process?
Old 07 May 2005, 08:13 am
Cool Cruiser

You want to avoid swapping that glass if possible. I had a rock hit my windshield at 300 miles. 1st week I got the car. I wanted a replacement. Now I regret that. I'm taking it back to the body shop because of all the squeaks it makes now. It's been less than a year.

I'll just have the wife bitch at them. she really knows how to get her way at dealerships when she is mad...
Old 07 May 2005, 11:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GR8FLPT

I'll just have the wife bitch at them. she really knows how to get her way at dealerships when she is mad...
Isn't that one of the reasons we get married?[:I][]
Old 07 May 2005, 03:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because of a rock the size of a golf ball I had my windshield replaced at 2200 miles. No problems. Cost me a $50 deductible.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 May 2005, 03:09 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigdogdad

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GR8FLPT

Isn't that one of the reasons we get married?[:I][]
Yeah, I really enjoy it when my wife's Howitzer and machine guns go off on some idiot who deserves it. Better that person than me.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 May 2005, 04:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If there is ANY sign of an object striking the windshield, Chrysler will not take care of it financially but your insurance should. I had a stress crack in my windshield which Chrysler covered with no questions. No sign of ANYTHING striking the windshield, cracked from the lower left edge of the windshield and it cracked sitting in a driveway.

The glass installer said the glass was resting on a sharp metal edge of the frame and some of the clips were missing.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 08 May 2005, 08:04 am
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, I really enjoy it when my wife's Howitzer and machine guns go off on some idiot who deserves it. Better that person than me.
[/quote]

You speed the truth [B)]

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)