Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pt question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 May 2005, 06:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pt question

I have a stock 2.0 liter PT cruiser... I was wondering if it was possible to buy the turbo from a GT and put it on to my stock engine... because i can get a turbo from a wrecked GT for a lot cheaper than a supercharger... thanks
Old 09 May 2005, 06:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hardcore,

First...welcome to the forum. You haven't filled out the profile, but if your in the U.S., what you have is a 2.4 liter stock engine. The overseas models are the only ones to get the 2.0.

Your question has been asked many times, and the answers all go down one street. Very costly, and time consuming. You'll need a lot more than just the turbo. Computer and wiring harness for a start. Also, if your looking for a lot more power, the stock engine wasn't built anywhere near the specifications of the OEM turbo engine.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 May 2005, 06:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

There are lots of differences. PCM, wiring, components, trans, basic engine. Where are you? Stock here in the states is 2.4L. here is a big thread on it.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...TOPIC_ID=10963

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper