PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rev limiter or Governor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2005, 11:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz
Default Rev limiter or Governor

Anyone raise their rev limit? Has anyone removed their governor? Just wondering if either task was difficult and or involved. I want to do both for more performance. If you have the intel on either, drop me a note. Thanks [:I]
Old 16 May 2005, 12:33 am
Veteran Cruiser

Forget it. Chrysler will not give you the key to their software and nobody has broken in. I know with the turbo you can run a piggyback computer like a Psi-Fi Power Paq, but am not familiar with a non turbo.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 16 May 2005, 11:56 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

the peak power is available before redline at 5200rpm, revving it higher will yield no performance gains because the efficiency of the engine drops off.
the speed limiter is there because the engineers felt that the car would be unstable at speeds above 120mph, which is correct in stock form. with shocks and springs it would be capable of higher speeds but in the n/a top speed can be reached in 4th. in 5th gear the aerodynamics take over and the car will be slower.
sorry to bust your bubble but i had these exact thoughts some time ago.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz

Fellas, thanks for your input. Just to clear things up; I have turbocharged my 2001 PT and have built the bottom end and working on electronic boost controller... etc. I am shooting for 200 WHEEL-HP and only have about 30+ HPs to find. I am runnig at 5.5 to 6 PSI and should be able to make up some ground with EBC. I figure approx 10hp per pound of boost, and I only plan on 9PSI. so I think it is obtainable. [8]

About the other stuff, typical! The man will only let us get so far...[xx(]

Sorry, in the process of changing servers and my site is down!
Old 26 May 2005, 10:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have emailed jet on a piggyback for the NA, it does not seem that anyone has mfg'd anything you can plug into the ecu. I haven't gone looking to see if anyone has been able to reprogram the ecu itself. Initially jet (at least I think it was jet, I lost the email) told me that it was available for about 240.00 and added 25 horses. Now they are saying to check back in about 2 months. If people weren't so damn stupid maybe it wouldn't be there in the first place,(rev limiter) I am of course referring to everyone that sues because they are retarded. Case in point McDonalds and Coffee, so I'm guessing Mopar is just exhibiting a little CYA. Still I don't like it.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jet is working on a piggy back, last I talked to them they said try back in 2 months. I believe the whipple Supercharger has piggy back but the whole setup is around 3 grand.