Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Is this right?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 May 2003, 08:43 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Is this right?

I brought the post which I printed from this site on how to remove the ait intake silencers to my mechanic (car was in for oil change and tire rotate.) So I gave him the instructions, later I picked up the car. He said they followed it and took them out. I went to my car and their were these two HUGES boxes on the floor of my car. One was white one was black. I can't believe that two pieces that huge could be removed from the engine and still work, Doesn't seem like their is much room in their for "excess" parts of no use. Why did Chrysler instill them anyway. the car runs and sounds better without> someone tell me why? turbomangt p.s. I assume they were silencers were two little hoses, are they two big boxes? thanks motor heads
Old 02 May 2003, 09:06 pm
Administrator

Chrysler problably wanted the engine to be as quiet as possible so as to please as many potential buyers as possible. [:0]
Old 02 May 2003, 09:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Turbomangt, I'm as hesitant as you when comes to messin with the GT! I got as far as starting to remove the airbox and off came the little hose to the manifold and out came some oil! I said to myself frig this I don't feel like getting into this... put it all back.. Are they really that big? how big are we talking?
Old 02 May 2003, 10:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

The point is that they're not big. If they weren't such a restriction we wouldn't remove them. At least I wouldn't. I don't need more noise, but if it's choking my engine I'll remove it.
Old 03 May 2003, 12:17 am
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kgdptblue
Are they really that big? how big are we talking?
The white one is about the size of a softball. The black is about as big as a shoe.
Old 03 May 2003, 12:52 am
Cool Cruiser

Holy cow!@ They gots to go!
Old 03 May 2003, 02:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Those are the ones! Also if you pull the connection from the airbox to the turbo you will see how that chokes down inside too. We either need to figure a way to get that apart to remove the narrowing part or find a way to replace the whole tube.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 04 May 2003, 11:00 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Jody, that is exactly what they removed form my car. I will post the results in another post. I wonder what else we can take out and improve performance, hmmmmmm turbomangt
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips