Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
anyone else have this happen??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 May 2003, 08:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default anyone else have this happen??

hello all, i have this this happen to me two times, start up car to just move it, so its cold, just start it up put it in gear and it doesn't take?? ( automatic) when rpms come down it takes the gear , is it something in the computer that is sensing that the idle is two high??
Old 04 May 2003, 01:48 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Bob, how fast is the engine running when this happens. I wouldn't think that the idle would be high enough the computer to stop the transmission from going into gear but I haven't tried it.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 05 May 2003, 12:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i would say the idle is at 1100 - 1200 rpms cold started
Old 05 May 2003, 02:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

Bob,

I have had a similar occurance on a few occasions, but the idle was not very high; only 800-900 RPM's. It happens when I put it into reverse to back out of the garage. It does go into gear, but very, very softly, almost imperceptably so. When I give it some gas, it is somewhat sluggish for a second or two, then seems to fully engage and work properly from then on. Again, this has happened only about 3-4 times over the last couple of months. I haven't gone to the dealer with it because I doubt I could get it to do it "on command", if you get my drift. I really don't want them to keep it for a few days to try to repeat the action. I only have about 11,000 miles on it, but maybe I'll do a fluid & filter change to see if that helps. I'll probably go with the synthetic when I do.

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Best 1/4 so far: 14.489 @ 93.65, best 1/8: 9.222 @ 74.261