Fresh Cruiser

IMHO[:I]?
Old 20 Sep 2006, 05:16 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by midwstdr

IMHO[:I]?
- in my humble opinion -
2005 Turbo Lite, Stage 1, Mopar/Borla cat-back exhaust, Eibach swaybars, Bilstein coilovers, 18/8 TSW Montage wheels with 225/40/18 Exclaim UHPs, LED taillights, K & N drop-in & a few other goodies...
Old 21 Sep 2006, 09:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks!!..never good with acronyms...
Old 12 Oct 2006, 04:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just had Borlas installed on my '05 GTPT convertible last week. They're fantastic! The kit comes with a template for the right side. However, I spent about an hour with a bastard file (yes, that's the correct name) evening/rounding the opening to the same dimensions as the left.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 02:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

This setup is what I've wanted to get for my 02 N/A. Your comments sold me more than ever on it. I plan to install it myself, but if it looks too complicated or arduous for the Townhouse parking lot, I'll take it to a local muffler shop.

[8)] Cruise on!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 03:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

I also thought the Mopar 2.5 duals would be a good choice. The only thing though is the bottleneck in the downpipe and cat. Another thing that got me was all the piping in the mopar system. Seems like added weight and more travel for the exhuast to get out.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 16 Oct 2006, 04:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by strangelove

I also thought the Mopar 2.5 duals would be a good choice. The only thing though is the bottleneck in the downpipe and cat. Another thing that got me was all the piping in the mopar system. Seems like added weight and more travel for the exhuast to get out.
You should look at the bottleneck in the o2 housing, too. I've got the Maxx Fab o2 housing and their dp w/highflow cat. You can get the dp without a cat, too. Excellent quality.
http://www.maxxfab.com/welcome2.html

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 17 Oct 2006, 10:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

The system went in like clock-work, and to my eye is extremely well made. Unless you've got a mechanic's hands of gold, I'd recommend having a shop (or Chrysler dealership) install it. For the latter, at least here, they'll stand behind it (including installation) 100%. May save you some grief in the long run if there's a problem. Good luck!!
Old 04 Nov 2006, 01:31 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rcruisergt

gary good looking car did you do the cutout on the right side ? it's all plastic and did the kit come with a template for the cutout..
Thanks. It took me over two years to achieve the looks and performance that I was after but it was worth it. [8D]

Yes, I did the cutting of the rear valance and was pleased with the final result.

The Mopar/Borla 2.5-inch performance exhaust system comes with good instructions and pictures. A template used for cutting on the right-rear valance is included. The most "difficult" task may be cutting the valance to accomodate the additional exhaust pipe. After all, I don't think anyone likes cutting on their car--I know I didn't. Cutting is not as bad as it may seem so long as you measure carefully, take your time, cut slowly, and finish the edges carefully. If you get some nicks in the paint they don't really show but you can touch them up as I did. I have heard that using masking tape over the paint before positioning and then taping the template in place before cutting will avoid the paint from chipping. I didn't do this and got two small chips in the paint when I "lost control" of the Dremel tool I was using.

Some hints for cutting the valance based on my experience:

1) Recommend you use good pair of tin cutters or a Dremel tool with a circular cutting blade.

2) Practice cutting with both tools on a piece of your wife's Tupperware (with her permission of course ) to see which tool you like the best before cutting on your car.

3) After positioning the template EXACTLY were you want it begin cutting VERY SLOWLY and be sure to keep inside the template 1/16-inch or more to allow room for the final finishing/sanding.

4) After the semi-circular cutout is made, finish the edges carefully. I used a Dremel circular grinder and then a sander. When I got everything looking "right" I finished the cutout by hand using light sandpaper.

Good luck. [8]