Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
nology hotwires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2005, 08:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default nology hotwires

Has anybody tried these wires??? Are they worth the 174 bucks they want for them...Looks impressive on there web site..
Old 20 Aug 2005, 10:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

WOW! You are spending WAY too much money. I got the Magnecore 8.5 wires ($54.99) and my GT ran like a bat out of hell. A lot of people are very happy with them. Check them out here

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/pt_cruiser.shtml

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 20 Aug 2005, 10:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Well you have to read there site. they are a little different than standard plug wires. Each wire has a ground and a capacitor in each wire. They claim on ther site they produce a much hotter spark....Check the site out at: www.nology.com
Old 21 Aug 2005, 12:33 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Well you have to read there site. they are a little different than standard plug wires. Each wire has a ground and a capacitor in each wire. They claim on ther site they produce a much hotter spark....Check the site out at: www.nology.com
Was very happy with what I had. Choice is yours.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 21 Aug 2005, 03:11 am
Senior Cruiser

I went with the MOPAR high pr\erformance plug wires and I am very happy with them. Saved me a few bucks over non factory plug wires and I think they perform and last very well. $174 for wires seems well extreme!![)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 01:28 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:

Race and Street used to carry them but stopped. I asked Maggie, and she in so many words just basicaly told me that the Nology wires are garbage. They do nothing in terms of measureable performance and you are paying for the Nology name. I got Crane Firewires from them. I believe her because they are honest vendors. Other vendors would rather sell me $170 wires than $49 wires, plus they had a special that month and she gave them to me for $40 shipped! Stick with the Cranes or the Magnecores; you'll be glad you did.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 22 Aug 2005, 07:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SuGamer
..... I got Crane Firewires from them.
Same here. Can the Nology wires beat 25 ohms/ft? [:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

The ground and capacitor are NOT for performance. They are for noise reduction in the electricl system. Ignition systems that use coils are putting out a HUGH eletrical field when that coil revs up at 36,000 volts and it caues feedback.(What happens when you run a vacuum cleaner when your TV is on) The extra ground is there to direct some of the feedback back to battery and the capacitor is there to help absorb what is left over. Spark plugs also have capacitors for the same reason. Even the spark plug box my iridium plugs came in said "5000K ohm capacitor for low noise", NOT "capacitor for higher performance" It's a marketing scam. Stick with Crane or Magnacore.
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 02 Nov 2005, 12:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CruiserDan

they have always been big in the import market, i have a friend with the nology wires on a japanese import motor that is turbo in his crx. He loves them.

They are supposed to have stronger spark, the advertisements and literature that come with the product and that they distribute at showes etc. all claim a hotter better spark. They dont mention anything with supression and noise frequiencies. I cant say personally how good they are.

I run magnecore wires

<font color=\"blue\">Patriot Blue</font id=\"blue\"> 02 5-Spd
Old 02 Nov 2005, 01:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Topless in Cali

Quote:

The extra ground is there to direct some of the feedback back to battery and the capacitor is there to help absorb what is left over.
I must say I am very confused why you would want a burst of electrical energy to flash back to a slow battery. If anything this seems like a bad idea, I understand the cap, but I truly don't understand the ground back to the battery. Maybe I am missing something.