Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Main turbo tube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 May 2003, 04:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Main turbo tube

Does anyone know for sure about the inner piece inside the tube thats coming of the turbo? Is it a silencer or possibly some type of venturi?
Phil
Old 07 May 2003, 04:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

It is just another silencer. The holes in it are a dead giveaway.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 08 May 2003, 04:10 pm
Young Cruiser

So, anybody else tried taking this out yet?
Old 08 May 2003, 04:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

I can't get the darn thing open. I guess it is glued together. We just need to replace the entire tube to the turbo. I really want to keep a stock "look" so I am wondering if someone can come up with the ruber connectors and we can just run a metal tube that I can paint flat black to resemble the stock pipe.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 08 May 2003, 05:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The following site will most likley have the hose sleeves as well as the tubes. http://www.turbopiping.com/pages/1/index.htm
[?]
Old 08 May 2003, 07:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Wow! Thanks Gearhead! I have been looking for that stuff for a while now! What a country!!!
Old 08 May 2003, 07:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Is there some trick to getting this tube off of the turbo? I was removing silencers, and was going to take a look at the one on the turbo inlet as well. I removed the clamp, but the tube wouldn't budge, and I couldn't really get a good angle on it to try to pry it off.
87 Shelby GLH-S #845
Old 08 May 2003, 07:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

It's just stuck on there. The first time off is a little hard. It will come off though.