Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help with WGA Problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2005, 01:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help with WGA Problem?

I just installed my mga on my 03 pt. and currently do not have boost gauge, or controller, but am having a problem:
Around 2500 and on it sounds like my blow off is leaking (Bypass plate), it is loud, sounds just like blow off noise, can't seem to see what I did wrong, thought maybe not adjusted correctly (Seems to have no boost), Followed instructions from paper sent with wga. I pulled hoses from #2 sylinoid, plugged hose to new wga to bleeder connector hose to factory 3-way splitter going to back driverside part of turbo, and other goes to intercooler pipe. (Have Adam's pipe kit)
Can anyone help?
Old 06 Oct 2005, 02:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 13secPTCruiser

i am not sure if you already meantioned this. but i had a similar ( maybe the same) problem. it was due to a hose not being hooked up properly...( behind the intake on the turbo)
Old 07 Oct 2005, 04:02 am
Veteran Cruiser

Running an adjustable wga without a boost gauge is nuts. How can you adjust? When you took control of boost away from the pcm and don't know what you are boosting you can fry your motor. Please get a boost gauge.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Oct 2005, 02:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Get a gauge right away with a tee fitting and some hose. Do a quickie hook up with the hose out the window, under the hood and the gauge sitting in your lap. That will get some readings to bring back here so we can help you better. Stay out of boost until you do this.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 12:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Figured it out, I wasn't looking close enough at picture, arrow pointed behind the turbo, outlet hiding behind the pipe, thanks for everything! I am waiting for my triple gauge pod to come in next few days. I then will hook up the SAFC II Greddy ProspecB boost controller, and greddy turbo timer with boost gauge! I already have the magnacor spark plug wires, and ordering the msd coil, and need to change spark plugs because am noticing a miss. Just got the Bosch platinum +4 for now to get me going, although I am hearing a lot about ngk irianium plugs. Again, thanks for everything, this forum rules!!!!
Old 09 Oct 2005, 12:57 am
Veteran Cruiser

You don't need the MSD coil. Waste of money. You will get nothing more out of it. OEM coil is more than adequate.....Also not supposed to use platinum plugs in a turbo. Turbo runs too hot. Better replace those quick.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic