PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
UNDERDRIVE PULLEY? & PLASTIC INTAKE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2005, 11:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptTurbo528
Default UNDERDRIVE PULLEY? & PLASTIC INTAKE

WHAT YOU YOU GUYS THINK OF AN UNDERDRIVE CRANK PULLY ARE THEY WORTH ANY POWER OR WASTE OF MONEY AND WHERE DO I FIND A PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD...I CANT FIND ONE FOR MY 03 GT CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS
Old 17 Nov 2005, 08:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Several folks have underdrive pulleys, and they help free some power. Other than needing a different belt, no real downside.
Chrysler is the only source for the plastic intake - a dealer - yours or one like Wyckoff, or a speed shop should be able to get one for you.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Nov 2005, 12:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

For the plastic intake, go to http://www.haynesspeedshop.com and deal with Tommy Thrift. He is a parts manager at Haynes Chrysler in Richmond, and you will find NO ONE who has better customer service or lower prices on Mopar parts!

Old 18 Nov 2005, 04:15 am
Veteran Cruiser

Some srt-4 people have claimed the udp has caused problems and took them off. You are only talking a few hp in the scheme of things so it's a choice that may not be worth it. [:I]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 18 Nov 2005, 04:17 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptTurbo528

WHAT YOU YOU GUYS THINK OF AN UNDERDRIVE CRANK PULLY ARE THEY WORTH ANY POWER OR WASTE OF MONEY AND WHERE DO I FIND A PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD...I CANT FIND ONE FOR MY 03 GT CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS
Using all uppercase letters is like shouting and is annoying. Tone it down please.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Nov 2005, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Some srt-4 people have claimed the udp has caused problems and took them off. You are only talking a few hp in the scheme of things so it's a choice that may not be worth it. [:I]
I have read this also, but i don't think this has been proven. Alot of those, were big turbo cars, which could have caused balance shaft failures. I have been running a udp for 2 years with no problems, but the gains were not that big. Good luck, Dale

2003 GT Turbo Stg 1 AGP wga Greddy Profec B Dasmopar mapclamp AGP plugs/wires CCA fmic plastic intake AMX hardpipes Maxxfab 3\" downpipe/o2 AEM wideband Millner Racing 41te autostick EP custom LSD Billet TC Alto kevlar clutch pkg Eibach springs/sway bars KYB Prothane mm/suspension bushings Centerline Storms 17x7 BTG strut brace SP slotted/drilled rotors/carbon pads 13.29@104
Old 30 Nov 2005, 07:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

I've got about 20k on mine. Only problem is a intermittant accessory belt squeal during damp weather. SEEMED to spool up a bit faster after the install but, that could have been the warm fuzzy new mod feeling
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer