Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Won't start first time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2003, 10:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Won't start first time

We have discovered that the GT will not start first time hitting the key. Spin it a couple of time, no fire. Hit the key a second time and it cranks right up. What's the issue? Any ideas? Throttle position sensor? Fuel boiled out of the injectors? What?

Mike
Old 14 May 2003, 02:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Soounds like it could be a fuel pressure problem. On a lot of FI cars it takes a second for the system to pressurize before it will start. Try just turning the key on for a couple of seconds before you hit the starter and see if it goes the first time then. If so this is your problem. I do not have this problem on my PT but I used to experience it on my Mustang. The fuel system would bleed down after the car sat for a while. I believe that the fuel system in the PT is a "no return" type so I am not sure what the fix would. The Mustang would usually respond to a new pressure regulator but sometime they would need a new pump. The pump probably has a check valve that is supposed to maintain pressure on that side.

That is all I can think of right now.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come