Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Blow-off valve kit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2006, 11:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Mopar Blow-off valve kit.

[8)]Anyone have the Mopar Blow Off Valve Conversion Kit on their PT Turbo? Like it? Hate it? Better sound? Any opinion?[^]
Old 20 Feb 2006, 02:19 pm
Young Cruiser

We have it and we like it just fine.
The BOV (and MP STage 1 kit) came on the car when when purchased, so it did take a little getting used to the 'pffft ', but it turns out that it's not so loud that it becomes annoying.....at least to us.
If I'm trying for maximum economy, I play a game to try and drive without triggering the BOV. It can be done with some practice [^]

Brian
\'03 5-speed S2 Dream Cruiser #1582 w/MP Stage 1 & BOV. Plastic Intake Manifold, rear Eibach springs and Supertrapp axle-back exhaust.
Crane 8.5mm FireWires & Champion Copper Plus plugs, K&N drop in filter. Chrome Plastic AMX TTAB pipe.
(Metro Detroit Area)
Old 20 Feb 2006, 07:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

It is realy a sound machine and does little, if anything, for performance or longevity.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 02:25 am
Young Cruiser

I like mine. It is fun driving around and when my buddy joins me with his Stage 2 SRT-4 hearing both cars go "pfffffft!" almost in unison and seeing pedestrians turn their heads.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have it. Like others have said, it's really just a noise maker, does nothing for performance. But, it doesn't lessen the performance of the stock system either. The sound takes some getting used to, but I like it on mine.
2004 PT GT -Stage 1, K&N Drop-In, Airbox Mods, \'05 Composite Manifold, AMX TTAB, NGK V-Powers at .040, Magnecore KV-85\'s, Mopar BOV, BTG Strut Bar, Mopar Rear Sway, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, a few visual Mods, a coupla Road Runners, and a Partridge in a Pear tree......
Old 21 Feb 2006, 02:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Anybody have one on an auto? I used to have a GMC Typhoon and it was not recomended since you never let off the gas under hard acceleration. Unlike a manual where you have to let off to change gears.
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)
Old 21 Feb 2006, 03:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

mines an auto
2004 PT GT -Stage 1, K&N Drop-In, Airbox Mods, \'05 Composite Manifold, AMX TTAB, NGK V-Powers at .040, Magnecore KV-85\'s, Mopar BOV, BTG Strut Bar, Mopar Rear Sway, Drilled/Slotted rotors, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, a few visual Mods, a coupla Road Runners, and a Partridge in a Pear tree......
Old 21 Feb 2006, 10:51 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Black_GT

mines an auto
Does it release pressure with every shift or just when you let off the pedal?
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)
Old 22 Feb 2006, 04:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

It will blow with every shift of the auto with one exception, if you have stage 1 installed and you go WOT, then the PCM holds the boost through the shift so you have more power going into the next gear. It also has this feature on the manual trans stage 1, but you have got to be real quick on the shift or you'll hit the rev limiter and that will cause a drop in pressure due to the fuel being cut.

edit to add:
The mopar kit is fine(1st BOV I had), but I like the Forgemotorsports.com one for the srt-4. It looks better(all chrome exterior), it's easier to install(installs in two seperate pieces making it easier to bolt up to the turbo), and is adjustable(spring package option that's really easy to change) if you add boost through the modding process. I also think it sounds better.(has more vent holes)
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 22 Feb 2006, 04:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

On my auto it wouldn't blow between shifts, as long as you didn't lift the throttle. Now when it was Stage 0, it would blow every time you lifted the accelerator, even when not under boost. With Stage 1 it seems to work a bit better.