PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
350 + HP for around $2000.00

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2006, 02:38 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ewing township, NJ, USA.
Posts: 65
Default 350 + HP for around $2000.00

Check this out! http://www.agpturbo.com/product.php?...6&cat=0&page=1 This kit starts off with a new exhaust manifold centered around the Garrett T31 High Flow 4 bolt outlet turbine housing. Turbo placement is a key variable in this design, because of the clearance with the engine and firewall. Rest assured, the centerline placement of the turbocharger allows for enough room so you DO NOT have to "convince" your firewall. NO DENTING OR HACKING OF THE FIREWALL NEEDED with our kit.

We have gotten well over 580whp and 600ft lbs of torque using this turbo kit on the SRT-4. Because of the design of the intake manifold of the PT, these numbers are probably not attainable without serious modification to the intake and obvious engine work. This turbo kit has allowed many, many of our customers well over 400whp on pump gas in the SRT-4. The manifold has been extensively tested to deliver fast spool up and a broad flat torque curve. In comparisons with long runner tubular manifolds it makes power 500rpm quicker and with no compromise of top end power. AGP turbo kits make more power under the curve than any other turbo.

The next step is integrating the highest quality and perfectly matched turbo assembly into the mix. As our base turbo, we've chosen the AGP 3147 turbocharger. This features a T3T4 based oil cooled center housing, a 58 trim 47lb/min compressor wheel stuffed inside a T04B compressor housing with a 3" inlet and 2" outlet. The turbine side features a custom stage 3 turbine wheel surrounded in the higher flowing newly designed 4 bolt outlet T31 .63 A/R turbine housing manufactured specifically for the highest flowing performance. We do not use the decades-old OEM designed 5 bolt turbine housing due to its flow restrictions at high pressure ratios. (We are NOT building a 7 psi Honda Turbo Kit here, so why would we use inferior parts.) We add an elbow to the compressor housing so that it will line up to your factory charge pipe with a little modification.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:06 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default

If you have the autostick plan on replacing the auto tranny with a Power Demon that is good for up to 4oo hp. $2350-$2550. People are losing their auto tranny with far less hp than that. If you have a stick then plan on replacing the clutch with a high performance one. The axles are the weak link on the GT. I'm not sure if better ones are out there but I think there are. You'll want to get a turboback 3" exhaust and other supporting mods. There are others running a big turbo on their GT's. Sounds great if you got the bucks. Go for it.
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 Apr 2006, 09:37 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, IN, USA.
Posts: 5
Send a message via AIM to 04-srt-4
Default

Don't forget the exhuast and fuel system modifications needed to go along wtih it. Not to mention the time, know-how, and money to tune/keep it tuned. That's why I went Stage 3: no tuning. I also know a Mopar mechanic who put Stage 3 in a PT with a little extra computer work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06 Apr 2006, 09:12 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Bernardino, Ca, USA.
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to TurboCruiser13
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 04-srt-4

Don't forget the exhuast and fuel system modifications needed to go along wtih it. Not to mention the time, know-how, and money to tune/keep it tuned. That's why I went Stage 3: no tuning. I also know a Mopar mechanic who put Stage 3 in a PT with a little extra computer work.
Care to fill us all in on that mopar mechanic? Rumor has it that can't be done on a PT...I'd like to see it if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2006, 07:28 am
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: .
Posts: 58
Default

Well let me say this,,,,

I have an AGP 50trim on my car,

as well as,,

Full 3" exhaust,
CCA 11" IC,
VAK system,
Water Injection, (helps with Detonation)
RC 750 Injectors,
Walbro 255 pump, with return setup,
Greddy E-manage, and E-o1 boost control.

In my opinion this is minium to make a "big turbo" work,,, yuo need to get air in and ehaust out to make a turbo work. You will see gains bolting on a bigger turbo,,, but to see all it is capible of it needs to breath. You must get enough fuel in to prevent leaning motor out and melting pistons.

I do all my own work and tuning so I can speak from experience,, The AGP kit is top notch,,, you will have a harder time removing stock manifold,,, than installing the AGP kit.

Oh yea,,, stock 41TE,, forget it,,, it will be toast. Tommy Thrift at Haynes Chrysler in Richmond VA does sell the Power Demon tranny,,, and there is another tranny in the works that is for very high hp cars. It is being tested now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jun 2006, 09:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Novato, CA, USA.
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fastmdpt

Well let me say this,,,,

I have an AGP 50trim on my car,

as well as,,

Full 3" exhaust,
CCA 11" IC,
VAK system,
Water Injection, (helps with Detonation)
RC 750 Injectors,
Walbro 255 pump, with return setup,
Greddy E-manage, and E-o1 boost control.

In my opinion this is minium to make a "big turbo" work,,, yuo need to get air in and ehaust out to make a turbo work. You will see gains bolting on a bigger turbo,,, but to see all it is capible of it needs to breath. You must get enough fuel in to prevent leaning motor out and melting pistons.

I do all my own work and tuning so I can speak from experience,, The AGP kit is top notch,,, you will have a harder time removing stock manifold,,, than installing the AGP kit.

Oh yea,,, stock 41TE,, forget it,,, it will be toast. Tommy Thrift at Haynes Chrysler in Richmond VA does sell the Power Demon tranny,,, and there is another tranny in the works that is for very high hp cars. It is being tested now.
__________________
Ken
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jun 2006, 09:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Novato, CA, USA.
Posts: 36
Default

I have a 2003 PT Turbo with NOS. Have 75HP shot, and want to go to 100HP shot. Not sure if I have to upgrade the fuel pump. I already put in the Power Demon Tranny. I canot find a 255 pump with a non-return set up as in the stock PT. Do you know if there is one available from someone and where? If not, I see you put in a return system. If that can be done, and it replaces the non-return in-tank pump, do you know where I can get it? I don't want to blow the engine with the 100HP shot of nitrous. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

I have an AGP 50trim on my car,

as well as,,

Full 3" exhaust,
CCA 11" IC,
VAK system,
Water Injection, (helps with Detonation)
RC 750 Injectors,
Walbro 255 pump, with return setup,
Greddy E-manage, and E-o1 boost control.

In my opinion this is minium to make a "big turbo" work,,, yuo need to get air in and ehaust out to make a turbo work. You will see gains bolting on a bigger turbo,,, but to see all it is capible of it needs to breath. You must get enough fuel in to prevent leaning motor out and melting pistons.

I do all my own work and tuning so I can speak from experience,, The AGP kit is top notch,,, you will have a harder time removing stock manifold,,, than installing the AGP kit.

Oh yea,,, stock 41TE,, forget it,,, it will be toast. Tommy Thrift at Haynes Chrysler in Richmond VA does sell the Power Demon tranny,,, and there is another tranny in the works that is for very high hp cars. It is being tested now.

[/quote]
__________________
Ken
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jul 2006, 08:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: .
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nitrouspt

I have a 2003 PT Turbo with NOS. Have 75HP shot, and want to go to 100HP shot. Not sure if I have to upgrade the fuel pump. I already put in the Power Demon Tranny. I canot find a 255 pump with a non-return set up as in the stock PT. Do you know if there is one available from someone and where? If not, I see you put in a return system. If that can be done, and it replaces the non-return in-tank pump, do you know where I can get it? I don't want to blow the engine with the 100HP shot of nitrous. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.
if you don't have a direct port system don't go 100 shot there has been many posts about this on srt forums. you can but you would be running the fine line. i did it and it worked for a while no i have a direct port system and made a complete seprate fuel system for the nitrous system it work very well. the other problem is that even with the walbro pump you will have a big pressure drop when trying to run a 100 shot and it will have a lean cough. mine did even with the walbro pump. as far as finding a pump just get it from agp and put it in no need to change anything else or run a return system if all your looking for is the 75-100 hp mark.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors