Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
CCA 11" FMIC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2006, 07:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default CCA 11" FMIC

I was wondering if anybody has any feedback on the 11" front mount intercooler that haynes speed shop sells. I am thinking about getting it because the stock intercooler sucks. I was wondering if anybody has installed it and what they think about it performance wise.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 06:46 am
Young Cruiser

If you are running the stock turbo,,,, get the 6",,, if you are running or planning on running a big turbo get the 11". 6" is bolt in,,, 11" requires trimmimg or removal of front crash bar. The CCA stuff is nice,, and made "local" (Richmond area) and I have met Anthony who makes them,,, he seems to be a very knowledgeable,,, and is a good guy,,, Tommy Thrift,,, just a great guy anyway you look at it.

Oh yea,,, I am running the 11" on my car.

Tom
Old 26 Apr 2006, 10:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hi Fastmdpt...Just got an 05 Turbo GT convert...always wanting more Zoom Zoom...can you advise what the larger intercooler does??

What kind of modification are you talking about to install it??

Thanks
DASHADO
Old 26 Apr 2006, 11:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

What fastmdpt is saying is if you get the 11" with the stock turbo you will get more turbo lag. Not worth it. You need to be running more boost with a bigger turbo for a larger IC.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 28 Apr 2006, 12:32 am
Regular Cruiser

...So then in your opinion G is it worthwhile changing to the 6"??..newbee
Old 29 Apr 2006, 08:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kojak

...So then in your opinion G is it worthwhile changing to the 6"??..newbee
The CCA 6" is good up to 350 HP. If you plan on going to a bigger turbo anytime in the future you should get the 11" instead since any of the aftermarket turbo kits will produce more than 350 HP once tuned properly.

Your stock intercooler is O.K. for stock applications, once you go beyond Stage 1 and start increasing boost you need to pull the extra heat out of the air charge. If you don't pull out the extra heat your computer will do it for you by reducing timing. Less timing = less HP.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 03 May 2006, 06:49 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kojak

Hi Fastmdpt...Just got an 05 Turbo GT convert...always wanting more Zoom Zoom...can you advise what the larger intercooler does??

What kind of modification are you talking about to install it??

Thanks
DASHADO
Sorry real busy lately,,,MG has it right,,, There was a test done a while back compareing the stock IC vs the CCA 6",,, there was a significant improvement in the CCA. According to Anthony,,, one of the biggest issue is getting the flow through the ic,,, not over it.

Tom
Old 04 May 2006, 12:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

What I am finding out with my 03 GT is that most of the stock parts are matched up pretty good for performance of the stock motor and replacing parts willy nilly will not work for us. If you modify the engine for substantially more than stage 1 power yes you need to upgrade selected components. I would not mdify anything without checking with what others have done and how happy they are with the mods. Most mods represent a compromise and you should know what you are giving up to get what you want.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.