Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
EXPLODED VIEW OF OEM BLOW OF VALVE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2006, 09:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default EXPLODED VIEW OF OEM BLOW OF VALVE

I have been searching the net for a drawing of the stock OEM blow off valve or surge valve, and I have not found one yet! I even searched under SRT-4 and Mopar. You would think the stock one would be easy. I want to look at the assembly drawing rather than disassemble the one on my PT. I was curious if there is a potential area that could leak. Under boost lately the sound is a little different. Thanks for any input.
Old 24 May 2006, 06:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

it's a one piece thing. I think the only place that could possibly leak is the gasket sealing surface. Check the torque on the three mounting bolts. Good luck with the PITA bolt in the back [:0] Check to make sure the hose from the SVA solenoid is attached good and maybe zip tie it[:I] Oh, and a boost leak check is your friend
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 24 May 2006, 09:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the response! I figured that there was more to it than just a gasket. I did check the mounting bolts and all were tight. I have tie wrapped or put hose clamps on about every line. As I had mentioned in another post I did find that a soft rubber elbow had ruptured and after fixing that the performance jumped back up. I was very disappointed that I couldn't find a simple diagram or exploded view of the stock OEM bloww off valve. Every one that hasn't installed an after market blow off valve is running it, so you would think that there were more knowledgable PT enthusiast out there.The Mopar conversion kit doesn't count, you are still running the OEM blow off valve, but now with a noise maker.