Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Do I need boost?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2006, 08:59 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Do I need boost?

I was at a car show and some gearheads were telling me I should get a boost gauge and controller. I'm not one that knows a whole lot about what goes on under the hood, so all I think about it something else that can go wrong with my car. right now I have a BOV/ S1/ custom air intake/ and dual exhaust for performance mods. Iwas looking for something not too expensive that will enhance my performance a little? feedback? gary[:I]
Old 23 May 2006, 08:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

I was at a car show and some gearheads were telling me I should get a boost gauge and controller. I'm not one that knows a whole lot about what goes on under the hood, so all I think about it something else that can go wrong with my car. right now I have a BOV/ S1/ custom air intake/ and dual exhaust for performance mods. Iwas looking for something not too expensive that will enhance my performance a little? feedback? gary[:I]
I just installed an AGP WGA and it was a noticable performance improvement and the cost is around $175 (Tommy Thrift sells it at www.haynesspeedshop.com). However, you really need to install a good boost gauge also so you can monitor the boost level for optimum performance and so that you don't ruin the engine. I like the Mopar boost gauges that Tommy sells because they have a warning light and a peak hold feature.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 24 May 2006, 05:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

but then if you're going to take control of boost away from the PCM via a MBC or EBC or WGA, you should add a AFR or EGT gauge in addition to the boost gauge to keep an eye on things. If you up the boost you should have some sort of monitoring devices such as the above gauges to keep things in check.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer