Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Checking interest in new fuel mod for turbo PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2006, 07:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Checking interest in new fuel mod for turbo PT

I don't know if this is allowed on this site, however if it is I will post a link to contact the vendor.

There is a vendor online who is checking interest in a fuel pressure regulator mod for the Turbo PT.....

Right now he is making it for the SRT-4 with excelent results. It allows you to increase the factory returnless fuel system to 70,75, or 80 psi. For a low price of $70 shipped.

Gains with fuel mods on stock 04-06 injectors.

Stock: 577cc @ 58 psi
Low Pressure: 633cc @ 70 psi
Mid Pressure: 656 @ 75 psi
high pressure: 677 @ 80 psi

For reference:
Stage 2 injectors: 682 cc @ 58 psi
Stage 3 : 775 cc @ 75 psi

The stock ECU will control fuel at idle and part throttle. A map clamp or AFC will alow you to tune fuel out to perfect your set-up.

The only down side.... You have to drop the tank and pull the fuel pump assembly to install the part. However compare this to the other fuel mods on the market:

- Larger Walboro pump....more fuel, difficult to tune fuel out, way to much fuel for stock turbo. install just as difficult.$100

- Return Line.... more fuel, easy to tune, just as difficult to install, $350. (does the same thing as reg mod but is adjustable)

- Larger injectors... more fuel, difficult to tune fuel out, easy install, $250

I have nothing to gain from this and I am in no way linked to this vendor. However, I am looking for a way to add fuel on the stock returnless fuel system without losing driveability. This mod would be perfect for those pushing the limit of the stock turbo to 270-290 whp, while keeping driveability (my goal). But there does not appear to be a market for this for the PT. I am trying to get this made and open the door to other PT mods, but only our support will lead to this.

Thanks
Mark
Old 03 Jun 2006, 02:31 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TurboCruiser13

That's a great idea but if I'm not mistaken our higher hp guys are still pulling fuel at over 20 psi of boost and the stock turbo is only efficient to about 22 psi so this doesn't make sense for the PT crowd unless you go bigger turbo. If you go bigger turbo there's usually a requirement of a fuel return line so in this case it would be a benefit but at the moment I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out why we'd want to add fuel to a car that already runs pig rich...?
Old 03 Jun 2006, 08:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

It really depends on your set up. If through a dyno or a wideband your A/F's are good you may not need it. I just have not seen anyone safely go over 250-260 whp on stock fuel.

And from my expierence about the easiest way to tune your A/F's is by adding fuel pressure than dialing fuel out with a piggyback or map clamp. The 75 or 80 psi versions are great for the super stock turbo, or if you added a ported/ clipped stocker.

Not everyone needs it or may want it but its another tuning option...and cheap.

O&A Party Rock!
www.wackbag.com
Old 03 Jun 2006, 12:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i did 275 hp and 330 on stock pump pulling fuel out with a powerpaq. i also made 375hp 430ft/lbs on stock fuel pump pulling fuel out with a powerpaq on spray (wet system which uses more fuel). all of this is on the stock pump, stock pressure (58psi), at 20psi still pulling fuel out. on s1.
Old 03 Jun 2006, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 12secondPT

i did 275 hp and 330 on stock pump pulling fuel out with a powerpaq. i also made 375hp 430ft/lbs on stock fuel pump pulling fuel out with a powerpaq on spray (wet system which uses more fuel). all of this is on the stock pump, stock pressure (58psi), at 20psi still pulling fuel out. on s1.
Stock injectors????
Stock turbo????? Did you hold 20 psi or did you spike 20?

O&A Party Rock!
www.wackbag.com
Old 04 Jun 2006, 02:58 am
Young Cruiser

I held 18 at redline today when I put my agp wga in before I dynoed it. It was 102 degrees outside and I still managed about 230 whp and 293ft/lbs and the other guy that went with me only hit 211whp but an impressive 318 ft/lbs on a stage 1 pt with a vak kit and a borla exhaust and that's all the mods he had. He was so low on the afr it wasn't even funny. I was a bit higher than him, but I dropped below 10 around 4200rpms whereas he only made it to 2600rpms before it dropped off the scales. We can EASILY pull a ton of fuel on these cars and still have plenty to spare.

Take a look at my AFR on the bottom. Like I said it's no 270whp but then again these runs were done in 2nd gear because I'm a turbo lite (no autostick) and it was 102 degrees when I did my run.

Old 04 Jun 2006, 01:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

turbocruiser13

you are losing a ton of hp running more than 18 psi unclamped. There is no way u should make max hp at 4000 rpm's and tapper off to red line. especially if you are holding 18 psi.

Just looking at your dyno, you can see the point your car spikes over 18 psi, your car pulls timming and dumps fuel, that is why you are so rich.... Not because you have extra fuel.

In my opnion you have a horrible tune set up for your car. Try dropping the boost or clamping your map,then rerun the car on the dyno and watch your A/F's. I bet you can pick up 30+ whp

O&A Party Rock!
www.wackbag.com
Old 04 Jun 2006, 07:32 pm
Young Cruiser

There's no doubt in my mind I can pick up that kind of horsepower. We literally put the wga on the car in the parking lot so we were not able to get the perfect amount of boost I was looking for. I've also got a mapclamp waiting to be installed on the car but that will require actual dyno tuning rather than just making 3 or 4 runs on the dyno. There's a lot of tuning left but there's a lot of power to make. I still do think I'll run out of fuel though...I think at the very least a clipped or ported turbo MAY need more fuel but the stock system does a damn fine job with the stock turbo
Old 05 Jun 2006, 06:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It really depends on your mods and what the wideband says....

I have no doubt you have plenty of fuel now, but after you add full exhaust, an intercooler, a map clamp, and 20 psi, you may find you need more fuel.

Another way to look at this is you can more effectivly (IMHO) tune the car with the extra fuel pressure. I have seen some cars put down better numbers by adding fuel and clamping at 14 psi, than they did on stock fuel clamping at 17 psi... My guess is due to the timming maps, but I don't know for sure.

O&A Party Rock!
www.wackbag.com
Old 16 Jun 2006, 08:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MarksPtGt

I don't know if this is allowed on this site, however if it is I will post a link to contact the vendor.

There is a vendor online who is checking interest in a fuel pressure regulator mod for the Turbo PT.....

Right now he is making it for the SRT-4 with excelent results. It allows you to increase the factory returnless fuel system to 70,75, or 80 psi. For a low price of $70 shipped.

Gains with fuel mods on stock 04-06 injectors.

Stock: 577cc @ 58 psi
Low Pressure: 633cc @ 70 psi
Mid Pressure: 656 @ 75 psi
high pressure: 677 @ 80 psi

For reference:
Stage 2 injectors: 682 cc @ 58 psi
Stage 3 : 775 cc @ 75 psi

The stock ECU will control fuel at idle and part throttle. A map clamp or AFC will alow you to tune fuel out to perfect your set-up.

The only down side.... You have to drop the tank and pull the fuel pump assembly to install the part. However compare this to the other fuel mods on the market:

- Larger Walboro pump....more fuel, difficult to tune fuel out, way to much fuel for stock turbo. install just as difficult.$100

- Return Line.... more fuel, easy to tune, just as difficult to install, $350. (does the same thing as reg mod but is adjustable)

- Larger injectors... more fuel, difficult to tune fuel out, easy install, $250

I have nothing to gain from this and I am in no way linked to this vendor. However, I am looking for a way to add fuel on the stock returnless fuel system without losing driveability. This mod would be perfect for those pushing the limit of the stock turbo to 270-290 whp, while keeping driveability (my goal). But there does not appear to be a market for this for the PT. I am trying to get this made and open the door to other PT mods, but only our support will lead to this.

Thanks
Mark