PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mustang GT 5.0 vs. PT Cruiser GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2006, 08:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Mustang GT 5.0 vs. PT Cruiser GT

i have to share this story:

on the way home from work yesterday, there was a 1990 (or so) mustang 5.0 gt weaving in and out of traffic - basically, hot rodding. i took a right turn with him (on his left) and punched my gt. the turbo must have been at an optimum spool (or something) because my right tire broke lose and i shoot past him. he answered by gaining on me. he got almost right next to me when i began to pull away (speedo was nearing 100 at this point). in the corner of my eye, i saw him slam his steering wheel, as he backed way off. it was a great (rest of the ride) back home. it's times like these that makes you forget about the gt's crappy gas mileage. what a blast!
Old 08 Jun 2006, 01:18 am
Regular Cruiser

I've raced a couple of 5.0 Mustang GTs at the dragstrip and took them both down. I like horse meat.

I'll skip the lecture about street racing and approaching triple digit speeds with traffic around being irresponsible and downright dangerous though.[B)]
Old 08 Jun 2006, 03:26 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SR-PT4

I'll skip the lecture about street racing and approaching triple digit speeds with traffic around being irresponsible and downright dangerous though.[B)]
Totally agree. Take it to the track.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Jun 2006, 03:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Quote:
Originally posted by SR-PT4

for the record, it was a wide open 1/2 mile stretch of road - with no pedestrians or other cars present. i'm sorry i shared this story. i promise to keep it under 65 and next time (when i feel the need for speed) i'll drive 3.5 hours to the closest drag strip, father.
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 03:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thank-You

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 08 Jun 2006, 04:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Johns Steel Blue

Thank-You
for the record, i do not hug cars. however, i do cuddle with a 1/18 scale version of my pt cruiser and keep a 1/64 replica inside my boxers at all times.[)][?]
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.
Old 09 Jun 2006, 01:34 am
Veteran Cruiser

[quote]quote:Originally posted by pppt03turbo

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mean Green

Quote:
Originally posted by SR-PT4

for the record, it was a wide open 1/2 mile stretch of road - with no pedestrians or other cars present. i'm sorry i shared this story. i promise to keep it under 65 and next time (when i feel the need for speed) i'll drive 3.5 hours to the closest drag strip, father.

"Father" Too funny. Just want to see you and others stay safe. Last month on the SRT forums, in a matter of three weeks, four people died while street racing or just plain driving too fast. Sad to lose a life at any age but to lose a life so young because of a bad choice is totally sad. Stay safe.

Old 09 Jun 2006, 02:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Don't feel bad about sharing the story....heck, the vast majority of us have been guilty of similar behavior on a few occassions. Just be glad I'm not one of the guys on various forums who would have verbally ripped you a new one for even suggesting such a thing - seriously, I've seen all sorts of name calling, insults, etc.

Oh, and a six disc CD changer makes those 3.5 drives to the track that much more enjoyable!
Old 09 Jun 2006, 01:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Don't feel bad about sharing the story....heck, the vast majority of us have been guilty of similar behavior on a few occassions.
exactly! thanks for your support. 99% of the discussions are about speed and performance - yet i feel like i'm telling a speed and performance story to a group of retired policeman, health and safety inspectors and city coroners. maybe the contributors of this site should be buying/driving buicks and oldsmobiles, instead of 220+HP rockets.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 04:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pppt03turbo

Quote:

Don't feel bad about sharing the story....heck, the vast majority of us have been guilty of similar behavior on a few occassions.
exactly! thanks for your support. 99% of the discussions are about speed and performance - yet i feel like i'm telling a speed and performance story to a group of retired policeman, health and safety inspectors and city coroners. maybe the contributors of this site should be buying/driving buicks and oldsmobiles, instead of 220+HP rockets.
Just because some of us feel that street racing is stupid, immature and dangerous we are supposed to be quiet? Not everyone is going to feed your ego and tell you you're da man. It's funny you think your basically stock GT is a rocket.....The only support SR-PT4 was giving you was that sometimes people make stupid decisions.