Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Jet Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2006, 04:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Jet Performance

I installed a Jet Performance Chip (Stage 1) for my '04 Turbo.

I installed exactly as the instructions described but my check engine light came on and the performance decreased. I took it back off but the light remained on and now the A/C doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
Old 07 Jul 2006, 01:28 am
Regular Cruiser

First off, you should have asked around here and other PT sites about the Jet Chip first.....we would have steered you away from it as a total and complete waste of money. Mopar Stage 1 is the only way to go.

Sorry, had to get that out.

OK, now to address your problem. Do you know what code you've got now? Turn the key on/off/on/off/on/off/on and see what code(s) appears in the odometer display and post them back here. After doing that go ahead and disconnect the battery for several minutes to reset the PCM. This should clear the code and check engine light, and with any luck your A/C will be back up too. No guarantees about the A/C though.
Old 08 Jul 2006, 02:15 am
Senior Cruiser

I would also have to vote for stage 1 rather than that Jet chip. Most chip companies wont give you back your money so you can get real stuck! Our engines are very prone to throwing off error messages if you modify the engine without stage 1!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 08 Jul 2006, 03:50 am
Veteran Cruiser

Stage 1 is the only way to go. It's the building block to more power.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic