Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FLOW BACK CATCH CAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2006, 06:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default FLOW BACK CATCH CAN

As the original flow back catch can worked so well between the pvc valve, check valve and intake manifold I thought I'd try one for the air cleaner box assembly. The position of the stock breather hose to the lower air box allowed oil to freely flow and fill the air box with oil. Using approximately 7 inches of 3/8 fuel line ( I had it) and 20 inches of 7/16 fuel line(24 inches @ $4.55) with an inline Purolater fuel filter ($11.95) you can have a flow back catch can that doesn't require you to empty it as it flows back into the engine. Attach the 3/8 line to the valve cover breather and to the purolater fuel filter (holes down, filter cartridge up). Attach the 7/16 fuel line to the air box fitting and loop up to the end of the filter and secure with hose clamps. Use a large tie wrap to hold the filter against the hard area of the intercooler to throttle body hose. That will hold the filter at around 45 to 50 degree angle which will allow the oil to flow back into the engine where it belongs. I purchased these items at Pepboys today along with hose clamps. If you are tired of having to empty conventional catch can reservoirs, or are upset with all the oil in the bottom of your air cleaner box try it out, and no I didn't dyno test this.
Old 02 Sep 2006, 10:45 am
Cool Cruiser

PICs?
Old 02 Sep 2006, 11:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

sounds like as good idea !!
Old 02 Sep 2006, 12:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

I posted pictures earlier in the year, but for some reason my Cardomain account no longer exists. The set up is real easy to do. The oil is contained in the clear acrylic cylinder and will flow back into the engine. There is no need to empty as with conventional catch cans. They should have made this forum more user friendly to post pictures without going through cardomain etc.
Old 03 Sep 2006, 02:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...631_6_full.jpg