Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
10000 budget

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2006, 12:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 10000 budget

i have 10000 to spend on a factory 2.4 non turbo. What all do you recommend i do. 2 things thou... i want to keep it on pump gas and two i want put in a high performance autotrans. Also how much HP can the factory internals handle?
Old 04 Oct 2006, 02:30 am
Cool Cruiser

Go for an 05 PT Turbo Lite with R Package interior and get the best deal at your local Chrysler dealer that you can get. Call up your dealers to see if they still have any 05's on their lots. Hold out for 0% financing, get $2,006 cash back and put the money right back into coilovers, rear sway, strut tower brace, stage 1, and an AGP wastegate. Wait a couple years to start paying off your PT and use the money that you would be paying in monthly payments to put in a three inch downpipe, high flow cat and dual borla exhuast.

You'll start out at 180 HP with the turbo lite, but once you pay the extra $400 bucks and get the stage 1 upgrade in you'll be up to 230 HP.

Wish I were you bro, your in for some serious coinage savings

03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 04 Oct 2006, 03:40 am
Veteran Cruiser

I'm not sure but I don't think the stock internals on the n/a engine can handle more than 275-300 hp at the crank. The n/a stock internals are pretty weak. If you are going to put a Hahn turbo on it and run more than 6-8 psi you'll need to upgrade the internals.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 04 Oct 2006, 11:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Everclear

i have 10000 to spend on a factory 2.4 non turbo. What all do you recommend i do. 2 things thou... i want to keep it on pump gas and two i want put in a high performance autotrans. Also how much HP can the factory internals handle?
The first thing I would do is redefine your search for a factory TURBO. The NA engine will NEED to have the internals strengthened north of 270hp or so. And the only way to get there is with a turbo kit, so why not take the easy route, and get a factory turbo motor that can handle upwards of 500hp (before you flame, there are a boatload of SRT's at that level or higher on stock blocks). I'd start with a turbo lite, then add S1. Will net the same power and durability as a GT with S1. The only difference in the lite and GT (engine wise) is programming. For your performance auto, you'll need the list to build it yourself, as Powerdemon is out of business. PM me for a link to the list.... There is another vendor working on a performance Autostick, so we'll see. PM me anyway, for a link to the site you really want if your serious about performance. Peace, good luck!
Old 10 Oct 2006, 10:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I agree with the advice of the others - particularly HH1321...
Email him. [?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles