Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Suncoast Functional Ram Air Hood

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2006, 07:59 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Suncoast Functional Ram Air Hood

I really like the idea of having a functional ram air hood. Suncoast Creations say there is an optional ram air itake box for an additional $90 bucks. There is also an optional heat extractors. All together the hood costs $839.95. Kind of pricey, but I really like it. Does anyone know how the air gets directed from the hood scoop to the intake?

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ptcruis...P6040C978.aspx
Old 21 Oct 2006, 03:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

It's scooped or channeled over to there. That's a nice hood and a true cold air intake. [?]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Oct 2006, 03:55 am
Cool Cruiser

Yeah, Awesome hood, I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber hood, along with CAI, but with this hood I can kill two birds with one stone. Although at $840 it's a little steap to just jump in and get it, without knowing more. I think that the hood addresses two key things, drawing cold air into the intake and venting hot air out of the engine bay.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 22 Oct 2006, 07:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The picture above is a guy (Don F.) from my Tampa Bay club. Don't know all the particulars of the hood but the PT is putting out some awesum power. It's loaded with all the go-fast goodies that are talked about on the forums.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

very cool hood !!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 03:48 pm
Young Cruiser

I would get one in a heartbeat but imo that is a bit too much. Time permitting I have another hood that I will be working on at the shop and see what I can do with it.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 04:52 am
Cool Cruiser

Fodder, that would be cool if you could think of a way to use a stock hood and modify it into a air ram. Couldn't you get a hood scoop and place it off center over where the intake is and cut a hole to get cold ram air?

03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 01:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by strangelove

Fodder, that would be cool if you could think of a way to use a stock hood and modify it into a air ram. Couldn't you get a hood scoop and place it off center over where the intake is and cut a hole to get cold ram air?

You'd have to figure a way to channel it over to the intake. Could be done if you are good with fiberglass or aluminum.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 24 Oct 2006, 11:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey GoodHood makes a ram-air intake box converter too. It is a little cheaper then Suncoast's.

Old 26 Oct 2006, 02:08 am
Young Cruiser

I was thinking of doing 2 scoops. One for the intake and one for the turbo. The one for the turbo would be reversed to allow air out kinda like an inverted cowl similar to the Caliber SRT 4 hood but instead of 2 inverted ones this would be a single and will need to consider keeping water from getting on it too.