PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Greddy Blow off valve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2003, 11:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot
Default Greddy Blow off valve

I have been having issues with the HKS blow off valve. There is a national back order on the flanges and those bad boys cost about $45 alone for hte flange! I got tired of waiting on them and have had some of you guys waiting for some time. So I came up with an alternative. The Greddy Type S BOV. Its the tial colored one.

Today I installed the GReddy Type S BOV on my SRT to try it out and I am very happy with it. It seams to open sooner than my HKS one did so I dont hear the minor surging as I did with the HKS unit. I believe that the greddy piece and the HKS piece are the two best unit on the market because the have actual valves instead of a piston which tends to stick after some time.

What I really like about the GREddy unit is that its super simple to install on the flange, where as teh HKS you need snap ring pliers and a friend to help you install it.

Also I get better pricing on the Greddy unit which I pass on to you guys. So the greddy unit is actually $30 less than the HKS. So those who ordered the HKS unit and swapped to the greddy, I will be including $30 in your order.

PS

Happy boostin.

Hec