Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Yet another newbie wga guestion!!??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Feb 2007, 11:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Yet another newbie wga guestion!!??

First off its hit or miss with the "search" most of the time I can never get a reponse. Anyways..I'm thinking about getting a wga. The s2 wga seems from what I can tell to be the way to go. Do I still need a bc for it? The other route is an aftermarket wga and 2 stage boost controller. Which is better and how much hp gain could I expect. If someone could point my in the right direction it would be very helpful! Thanks and Cheers!!
Old 07 Feb 2007, 01:40 pm
Young Cruiser

S2 can be installed sans BC and using your stock solenoid lines. With it you'll boost 17-18 spike, hold 14-15 til redline, and be safe and happy with no PTB. If you go aftermarket (AGP, Kinetic, PTP, etc...), then yes, a dual stage BC is helpful, and you will knwo what it's like to deal with PTB. basically, it's granny driving in no boost, or WOT. That's why I like the S2 WGA....And yeah, this forum sucks...

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 07 Feb 2007, 05:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the help! I think the s2 wga is the way to go for me. Can someone tell me what kind of difference I can expect? Is it going to be more of a noticeable jump than from s0 to s1??
Thanks
Old 07 Feb 2007, 06:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

If you have an autostick save your money!The stock tranny doesn't like much more thatn stock HP or torque, and for some reason they aren't selling the beefed up version anymore on Haynes.
Old 07 Feb 2007, 07:23 pm
Young Cruiser

Yes, Haynes stopped selling them because Powerdemon stopped producing them. However, on the more performance minded forum we can't mention here, there is a list of parts and suppliers where you can do it yourself or have a local tranny shop do it for you. Also, AJ of A&A transmission is a member there and is in the process of sorting out a high HP replacement along the lines of and even better than the Powerdemon model. In fact, there are already a couple running around attached to big turbos and happily burning tires to the cords. But then, you wouldn't know that...

to Dimmerman, yes, it will be a difference you can feel. Like I told you earlier, thsi IS NOT the place for performance minded PT enthusiasts. Come to the dark side, my friend.....

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 07 Feb 2007, 07:26 pm
Young Cruiser

by the way, if you want to revisit any info I post on this forum, I'd do it soon and keep a local copy, because as soon as Jody realizes who I am, he'll kill this username and delete my posts...... He thinks if he screams lalalalala loud enough we'll cease to exist.....

Old 08 Feb 2007, 04:00 pm
Administrator

i'm thinking of migrating this message board to vbulletin. I'm checking on the procedure.

Old 08 Feb 2007, 10:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to thegoldpt Send a message via Yahoo to thegoldpt

Might be a good idea, I have never done it to vBulletin just PHPbb, that I feel is a better forum anyway.

Old 10 Feb 2007, 05:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Bababooie, thanks for the info! I wanted to beef up my 03 GT after the warranty expired, but only if there was a performance tranny available, otherwise it would be a waste of time. Any word on the price of the high HP tranny? It is too bad that you can't mention other forums that are helpful as there are a lot of PT enthusiast out there that would like more useful and current information.I found that some how I stepped into it, and when I post there are very few who answer, or if I respond to a topic it dies.
Old 11 Feb 2007, 03:38 pm
Young Cruiser

babba bouey - Jody doesn't own this site/forum anymore. You'll have to find someone else to waste your breathe on.