Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
O 2 Cool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2007, 08:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up O 2 Cool

I set out this evening to perform a partial air box mod but got in there and thought might as well perform the circumcision also (desnorkeling). Less than an hour later and one slight cut on the thumb trying to get the collar loose and I was out for a ride. Beautiful night here in Jersey for a top down cruise. The longest part of it was cutting down the snorkel.

Finally caught a red light and for the first time was able to really break the Kumho Ecsta ASX's loose for about 5 chirps.

K&N filter in and the air box mod and first mod under my belt.
Old 08 Jul 2007, 08:44 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to apexanimal
Default Re: O 2 Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsGTPT View Post
I set out this evening to perform a partial air box mod but got in there and thought might as well perform the circumcision also (desnorkeling). Less than an hour later and one slight cut on the thumb trying to get the collar loose and I was out for a ride. Beautiful night here in Jersey for a top down cruise. The longest part of it was cutting down the snorkel.

Finally caught a red light and for the first time was able to really break the Kumho Ecsta ASX's loose for about 5 chirps.

K&N filter in and the air box mod and first mod under my belt.
i hope by desnokeling you mean just cutting the interior peice and not the part that sticks out of the airbox... you want to keep that to ensure that you're drawing cool air in and not the really hot stuff out of the engine bay...
Old 09 Jul 2007, 07:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

yes, only the interior part of the snorkel. Down to about a 1/4".

BTW- just curious but how do those open air intakes do any good when they are fully exposed to the heat generated by the engine?

Also, it seems it would be more natural to feed in cool air from the front of the vehicle (where it would be flowing in greater volume and more forcefully), not from the wheel well. Has anyone experimented with running some kind of cold air intake from the front of a Cruiser?
Old 09 Jul 2007, 03:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to apexanimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsGTPT View Post
yes, only the interior part of the snorkel. Down to about a 1/4".

BTW- just curious but how do those open air intakes do any good when they are fully exposed to the heat generated by the engine?

Also, it seems it would be more natural to feed in cool air from the front of the vehicle (where it would be flowing in greater volume and more forcefully), not from the wheel well. Has anyone experimented with running some kind of cold air intake from the front of a Cruiser?
those cones don't do much good except make a cool sound...

totalsleeper on ptcrew.com had a fabricator cut some "holes" in the front next to the upper grille to help with airflow... check it out.
Old 09 Jul 2007, 05:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Funny you mention totalsleeper. I was just checking that car out today after finding a link on someone else's pic post. I'll take another look.