Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
electrical system question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2007, 08:46 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default electrical system question

Haven't been on here in a LONG time as life has shifted my priorities a bit, but I have a couple of questions. Hopefully someone can help out.

Anybody have an Optima battery or know what size fits in the PT? It's an '05 GT. My battery is really weak, and I read good thing sbout them, but i couldn't find anything in their application guide and when I contacted Optima they said just use what fits.

Also - I have read in the past some posts about using a "hyperground" in these cars. It seems that this thing needs it - the electrical system is pretty weak. For example, when the turn signals are on at idle it causes the car to surge with the light coming on. I am sure if I had some more juice available it wouldn't do that. Where can I find a good one? None of the performance shops around here carry them.

Thanks!
Old 09 Aug 2007, 06:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: electrical system question

After a search of places and forums i found this thread on another forum that hopefully will answer your questions on the Optima battery.

PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.

There's a few of us that did the hyper-ground system on our PTs. You can look for a kit or do it yourself. I bought a kit on eBay for around $10. Basically, it's a gold colored plate that attaches to the negative side of the battery and has places for up to 5-8 more cables to attach. You run the cables to different parts of the engine, body and computer bolts to ground everything. I did 3 extra grounding cables on mine; one to body, one to bolt on computer, one on side of engine.