Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GT 2.4L T Europe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Nov 2007, 05:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default GT 2.4L T Europe

Hello everyone, my name is Joaco and I am from the Canary Islands, Spain. I bought a year ago a 2005 convertible GT 2.4L T cruiser and I feel very proud of it, for what the car costs and what it is compared to other brands it is a great car.
I am not a mechanic and I do not really know much about performance but I do like driving and speed. Iīve asked in my local chrysler dealer about these upgrade kits and they donīt seem to know about them what so ever. For what iīve read, these are more for 2003 models. So, sorry If this has been asked several times and please tell me the link where i could find the info. I would like to know what I should do to get a notable increase in power and better performance. Thanks for any suggestion.

Here I am posting pictures of the machine!!

Old 30 Nov 2007, 03:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: GT 2.4L T Europe

welcome to the board!!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 04:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. The best thing for a GT owner to do for a notable increase in power is to add Chrysler's own Stage 1. You already have the upgraded injectors so I believe in only involves upgrading the computer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 04:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Smile Re: GT 2.4L T Europe

Welcome JCruiser!
Are you still just using the stock air intake & muffler also?
Old 02 Dec 2007, 08:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the welcome and the replies!

soonercruiser, I have everything stock in may car. The thing is that there are not many Ptīs where I live and If think mine is the only Gt around. This is why I am asking for help, the dealer does not have information and I donīt really want to leave my car in any mechanic. My intention is to order what Mopar/Chrysler specificly makes for this vehicle. Probably start with Stage 1 but I donīt really have clear if theres one for my model or if the European version has any difference that wonīt work fine if i do those changes. As I said before, I am an ignorant in this matter but would like to learn a bit more.
Old 07 Dec 2007, 01:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hi Jcruiser, welcome to the board. I know that there are Cruiser clubs in europe. I am not really familiar with the differences between US and Euro cars. You should research local clubs. I am sure that there are some performance nuts that own PT's over there too that could help you out. Ultimately you could try to contact Mopar directly and inquire.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 10 Dec 2007, 04:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hello Cal cruzer! yes, I better check in other European clubs. By now I have asked in the spanish club but there is not much to get out of it. Thanks.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 11:00 am
Regular Cruiser

I would suggest that you either go to a dealer or go on ebay and purchase a new 2007 Mopar Performance Parts catalog, then you will have the proper part numbers and pictures of the upgrades you want, and then shop around for the best price, and you do not have to rely on what your dealer does or does not know. Most of the parts are universal, and will fit all the 2.4 turbos, Also you will need to give your VIN number when you order your Stage 1 kit and it will be programmed for your PT.

If you just need a few part numbers let me know, but you can learn a lot in a 5 or 6 USD catalog.
http://www.alcamar.com/trailer/