Advertisements
Air Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jan 2008, 09:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jingks
Default Air Intakes

Ok guys,

i've been reading about many different intakes. Mopar, Prototype Power, K&N and AMX, Which one would be the best? I"m really stuck on the Prototype Power but I guess Adam is no longer selling the kits b/c his site is down and I don't know how to contact him. And, I don't see anything (web site related) about AMX's products I want to also replace the Upper Charge Pipe as well. I have already bought a K&N drop-in filter and removed one silencer in the air box. But, I want something that will give me the best looks, power and MPG.

What do you guys recommend?
Oh yea, I have a 04 GT H.O.

Thanks guy!

_Matt
Old 01 Jan 2008, 10:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Air Intakes

The set up you already have will give the best balance of power vs. mileage.
Don't forget to look at the AirRaid intake systems.
-Problem is, my 2006 NA responds quicker, and probably gets a little better performance; but, the down side is it actually pulls through a little more gas if you like the growling sound like I do!
Old 01 Jan 2008, 11:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Air Intakes

Keep the stock airbox and drop in filter. Remove the silencer connected to the snorkle. Because of a silencer that narrows down to 1 1/2" replace the turbo to airbox hose. An enclosed system like this is the best. An open system will suck hot air and lose torque. You don't need an open air intake until you go big turbo.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 02 Jan 2008, 10:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That sounds good, but I just want a kit that replaces all that. The Prototype power would be the best for what I want, but I think Adam is no longer making the kits. I want to keep the stock air intake and UCP so if it has to go back to the dealer (warranty) I can stick it back in w/o any problems.
I do not want to use Airaid, a buddy of mine spend 250 for an airaid intake they just gave him a modded box w/ a cone filter and said it was a full intake system.
Old 02 Jan 2008, 10:26 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingks View Post
That sounds good, but I just want a kit that replaces all that. The Prototype power would be the best for what I want, but I think Adam is no longer making the kits. I want to keep the stock air intake and UCP so if it has to go back to the dealer (warranty) I can stick it back in w/o any problems.
I do not want to use Airaid, a buddy of mine spend 250 for an airaid intake they just gave him a modded box w/ a cone filter and said it was a full intake system.
Then get a kit, an open intake and lose performance. Adam's UCP is excellent, but his open air intake still sucks hot air unless you get the one that goes to the front of the car. Then you stand the possibility of hydrolocking in a bad rain. The Airaid intake is actually ten times better than any open air intake because it shuts out hot air, but you still have to replace the turbo to airbox hose.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 04 Jan 2008, 04:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Ok guys,

And, I don't see anything (web site related) about AMX's products I want to also replace the Upper Charge Pipe as well.

_Matt
He's over here

PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 06:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

I recently purchased the AMX 1397 TTAB. I love it. Jim, the maker and seller goes out of his way to provide excellent service. It took my son and I, neither one of whom are particulary mechanically inclined, a mere 10 minutes to install the TTAB (I had already made mods to the airbox).
Andy
Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's my vote for the best intake - K&N Apollo:

http://www.kpapartments.com/pt/apollo6.jpg

An enclosed, cone, K&N filter "universal" with hose to fender opening.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by quicksilverdon; 28 Jan 2008 at 09:24 am.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 10:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

That looks cool.. where did you get that from?
Old 28 Jan 2008, 11:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
That looks cool.. where did you get that from?
That's not mine - I wish I knew of it before I got mine....

http://store.knfilters.com/search/pr...Prod=RC-5052AB

Shop around.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles