Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SRT-4......GT Swap...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:17 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default SRT-4......GT Swap...

You guys think that the SRT-4 computer would work in the GT?? What other things would we have to change to run the EXACT same setup as the SRT-4's [:I]
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Gary C

the intake manifold is different, as is the intercooler. The SRT gets a larger intake manifold, as the space on the GT is limited compared to that of the SRT.
THe thing to remember too is that the SRT is a LOT lighter weight, and that is one *BIG* reason why it is so much faster.
THey are putting down around mid 220's HP and mid to high 240 - 250 lb feet to the wheels. Where i put down 209HP and 248lb/ft with 1400 miles on the motor. So we in all actulaity are not THAT far off power wise. [?]
Old 18 Jul 2003, 09:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

i definitely need to get my car to the dyno to see what kinda numbers i'm romping around with.
The intake manifold brings up an interesting issue. It may be time to get some port&polishing on the go. Do the Throttle body and intake manifold for "in breath"; then do the exhaust manifold and bigger down pipe for better "out breath".
Old 19 Jul 2003, 01:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER

i definitely need to get my car to the dyno to see what kinda numbers i'm romping around with.
The intake manifold brings up an interesting issue. It may be time to get some port&polishing on the go. Do the Throttle body and intake manifold for "in breath"; then do the exhaust manifold and bigger down pipe for better "out breath".
I will be swapping out my OEM plastic manifold for the new GT manifold shortly. It is being fully ported to match my P&P head and bored TB. Bob Stockum is doing the work. If you are serious, contact him and you can probably work out a swap. He sends you a complete intake all done up so you can do a quick swap, and you send him you OEM after the swap. Nice quick job!
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 21 Jul 2003, 01:31 am
Young Cruiser

the srt-4's also have a different exhaust manifold
Old 23 Jul 2003, 08:10 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ant

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by COP TZER

I will be swapping out my OEM plastic manifold for the new GT manifold shortly. It is being fully ported to match my P&P head and bored TB. Bob Stockum is doing the work. If you are serious, contact him and you can probably work out a swap. He sends you a complete intake all done up so you can do a quick swap, and you send him you OEM after the swap. Nice quick job!
Port matching is something I am sure DC does not do.

I would be interested to find out how your Turbo is controlled, like our mystic PCM, or something more managable? What size turbo and intercooler were you able to use? I think that you may have much more flexibility than what DC locked in on the factory turbo!
Old 24 Jul 2003, 12:34 am
Young Cruiser

[/quote]
Port matching is something I am sure DC does not do.

I would be interested to find out how your Turbo is controlled, like our mystic PCM, or something more managable? What size turbo and intercooler were you able to use? I think that you may have much more flexibility than what DC locked in on the factory turbo!
[/quote]
Turbo is controlled by the Greddy Profec B elec. boost controller. I switch between hi & lo boost settings with a remote button on my steering wheel. Fuel is controlled by a Cartech FMU. It raises fuel pressure in proportion to boost. It also uses a fuel return line to relieve the gas back to the gas tank. It actually works extremely well. The turbo is a Super 16G (Mits.) unit as supplied by Hahn Racecraft. It is capable of 30psi and can flow enough for well over 300HP.
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection