Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pay to much for exhaust for your PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Pay to much for exhaust for your PT?

Ever since I got my 05 cruiser GT, I have been looking at the various exhaust systems that could be had for it. I have read just about every ones opinions on the diffrent ones on the market. But I cant get myself to pay 300+ for a decent system. After looking at them all I sat and wondered are they really worth 400, 500 or even 600 dollars, It's only about 11 feet of piping a muffler and some flangs/hangers welded up. After searching on the Internet and coming up with prices on my own 2.5 catback including exhaust piping, muffler,flangs, hangers nuts and bolts and getting them welded. I came to a full price of only 210.00. There are tons of companies that sell exhaust piping and will even bend it for you anyway you want and if you have a decent exhaust shop they can weld just about anything for you. Goes to show with a little research and development of your own. You might not have to drop 400+ for exhaust. My exhaust system is in the works as I write this and will keep everyone updated and will have pics of it soon.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 01:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Pay to much for exhaust for your PT?

You need mandrel bends only and not crimp bends.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 23 Apr 2008, 03:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I wouldnt have it anything other way. Crimp bends do no justice. Even stock has mandrel bends : )
Old 23 Apr 2008, 11:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to AlexJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CruisergtHO View Post
I wouldnt have it anything other way. Crimp bends do no justice. Even stock has mandrel bends : )
is the stock PT GT 2" or 2 1/4"?

You say you are getting 2 1/2" made, if you are going to have a custom system made up, is it worth going all the way to 2 3/4" or 3"?
Old 29 Apr 2008, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

There has been alot of talk and tons of webpages the have been debating over the size of exhaust depending the horse power level you are at or wont to gain. The stock GT has 2-1/4. Im going with a 3''o2, 3'' CQL down pipe with a catco CAT. 2.5 piping with a vibrant resonator ( can be found at modernperformance.com ). All that should provide better spool at lower rpms and a nice exhaust tone : ) and on the plus side its WAY easy on the wallet all that ran me 322.00 bucks just got to find the time to do the welding and the install. There lies the real challenge for me.
Old 13 May 2008, 08:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

the best flowing system would be and E-cut out
you can keep the stock system for quietness,
but when you want to get down and dirty,
open up the down pipe.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 14 May 2008, 09:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

I was thinking about that a couple of days ago when I finaly got all my pieces together minus the dp. I decided to run a QuickTime performance cut out after the Cat for track days. All my stuff was bought at modernperformance.com. They had everything that I needed at the best prices. I would recomment them to anyone with an srt4 or Cruiser turbo/GT