Advertisements
SRT Boost gauge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2008, 09:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jingks
Default SRT Boost gauge

hey guys got another question.

I bought an SRT4 boost gauge and I want to know is the vaccum line that from the back of the intake manifold to the brake booster the best place to messure boost and vaccum? Where is the best place to splice for power to the gauge? Also the guy i bought it from did not give me the fitting that screws on the back of the gauge. I was thinking I could get some hose clamps and that would be fine. Let me know what you guys think..

Thank you!!

_matt
Old 20 Aug 2008, 09:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: SRT Boost gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingks View Post
hey guys got another question.

I bought an SRT4 boost gauge and I want to know is the vaccum line that from the back of the intake manifold to the brake booster the best place to messure boost and vaccum? Where is the best place to splice for power to the gauge? Also the guy i bought it from did not give me the fitting that screws on the back of the gauge. I was thinking I could get some hose clamps and that would be fine. Let me know what you guys think..

Thank you!!

_matt
go to Autozone or pepboys and buy the Autometer boost line. it should come with extra fittings and the line.
then pick up a hose mender T and plug in to the line going from the back of the intake manifold to the brake booster.

near the bottom right corner of the PCM there is a rubber cap on the fire wall poke a hole in it or cut a slit into it and feed your boost line into the cab.
go into the cab and under the dash up high you'll see the other side and pull the rest of it through.
dont bend the line and feed it to the spot were your gauge is gonna sit.
as for wiring the light, hook into the dash lights
when its all hooked up start it up and the gauge should read around 15-10 vac if you rev it, it will read 0psi

thats it.

EDIT: before you install that gauge make sure that the needle is sitting at 0
alot of those SRT-4 gauges go bad. the needle sits off.
alot of us just upgraded to the Ultralight 30/30 boost gauge its the same look just without the green letters and havent had any problems since.
my stock gauge want bad around 15k the needle was sitting on 3psi of boost when the car was off. just becareful with that gauge .

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge

Last edited by nevinsrt; 20 Aug 2008 at 09:52 am.
Old 23 Aug 2008, 01:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Perfect that's just the info that I needed to the install.

Thank you,

_matt
Old 25 Aug 2008, 08:39 am
Cool Cruiser

no problem!

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 25 Aug 2008, 01:34 pm
Young Cruiser

The brake booster line is by far the easiest to tag onto. As far as power, in the wires going from under your steering wheel you can splice into a wire, not sure which one I'll check when I get off of work, but if you use a wire tester you can tell which one to splice into by seeing which is hot when your lights are on. This way the gauge will only light up when your lights are on, so it's not on all the time .
Mopar Stage 1 upgrade, Mopar BOV Conversion, AEM CAI, High Flow Haynes Plastic Intake Manifold, MSD High Voltage Ignition Coil Pack, MagnaCore Spark Plug Wires, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, Greddy Oil Catch Can, Hurst STS... Plus a much longer wish list

I DO ALL MY OWN WORK!!
Old 25 Aug 2008, 04:14 pm
Young Cruiser

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/galler...21/ppuser/4409
Here's the pic I promised not sure if everyone's else's pt has the same light blue and red connectors or if it was left over from someone's hack job, but the black wire with yellow strip should be the one you need. It will allow the light on the gauge to come on only when you're lights are on.
Mopar Stage 1 upgrade, Mopar BOV Conversion, AEM CAI, High Flow Haynes Plastic Intake Manifold, MSD High Voltage Ignition Coil Pack, MagnaCore Spark Plug Wires, AutoMeter Boost Gauge, Greddy Oil Catch Can, Hurst STS... Plus a much longer wish list

I DO ALL MY OWN WORK!!
Old 28 Aug 2008, 01:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you for the tips. That is located under the steering wheel in the colum, correct?
Old 05 Sep 2008, 07:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold GT View Post
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/galler...21/ppuser/4409
Here's the pic I promised not sure if everyone's else's pt has the same light blue and red connectors or if it was left over from someone's hack job, but the black wire with yellow strip should be the one you need. It will allow the light on the gauge to come on only when you're lights are on.
Ok the srt boost gauge has 2 cables the white one and a black one....

I dont see any black a yellow cables down there (under steering column)..i do see a yellow...

What about the black one ---

black with black? Ground?