Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tuning with SCT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2008, 05:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Question Tuning with SCT?

I know recently - er relatively recently - SCT has added the SRT-4 to it's list of cars which are tunable with its XCAL2. To me, the srt and the ptgt have a number of things in common, not the least of which is identical engines and similar electrics, built on the same frame...etc SO.... I was wondering. Can you use a Dodge SCT tuner to adjust the PTGT now that the SRT has been added? I've had nothing but good things to say about SCT so I would like to use it if/when it comes time to tune. Thoughts?
Old 13 Sep 2008, 05:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tuning with SCT?

what is sct ??
Old 13 Sep 2008, 06:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk_Gently View Post
I know recently - er relatively recently - SCT has added the SRT-4 to it's list of cars which are tunable with its XCAL2. To me, the srt and the ptgt have a number of things in common, not the least of which is identical engines and similar electrics, built on the same frame...etc SO.... I was wondering. Can you use a Dodge SCT tuner to adjust the PTGT now that the SRT has been added? I've had nothing but good things to say about SCT so I would like to use it if/when it comes time to tune. Thoughts?
There was a guy on PT Crew who was using SCT to tune his GT. Don't know how it worked out. Go there and see.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs turbo pt View Post
what is sct ??
SCT Automotive Performance Products

SCT is a company that provides tuning equipment. Like Super Chips, or Diablo Chips...etc The most useful of which (I think) is their hand held tuning device XCALIBRATOR. They are up to XCALIII I think. Basically, it plugs into your OBDII port and allows you to reflash your PCMs settings. So that way you can adjust your tune - raise rev limit, change timing, remove\change speed limiter, adjust fuel curves...etc without needing a piggy back unit. The system stores your original "stock" tune so that you can flash back to stock anytime you want. With a good tuner and some dyno time you can see some pretty significant gains. Ford has had SCT product available for years, but DCX has not been as useful. A year or so ago SCT added the SRT-4 as a tunable PCM and since the PTGT uses basically the same one it should be good to go I think.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:41 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
SCT Automotive Performance Products

SCT is a company that provides tuning equipment. Like Super Chips, or Diablo Chips...etc The most useful of which (I think) is their hand held tuning device XCALIBRATOR. They are up to XCALIII I think. Basically, it plugs into your OBDII port and allows you to reflash your PCMs settings. So that way you can adjust your tune - raise rev limit, change timing, remove\change speed limiter, adjust fuel curves...etc without needing a piggy back unit. The system stores your original "stock" tune so that you can flash back to stock anytime you want. With a good tuner and some dyno time you can see some pretty significant gains. Ford has had SCT product available for years, but DCX has not been as useful. A year or so ago SCT added the SRT-4 as a tunable PCM and since the PTGT uses basically the same one it should be good to go I think.

Don't forget, the programming is different between the srt-4 and GT even with the same engine. You need to contact that guy to see if it totally worked.

Old 13 Sep 2008, 11:40 pm
Young Cruiser

My understanding from reading the thread is that it did, but there is at this time a pretty limited number of people with the experiance to do the tuning on the PT cruiser. So it works, but only if you live close to someone who knows what they're doing.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 01:18 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
My understanding from reading the thread is that it did, but there is at this time a pretty limited number of people with the experiance to do the tuning on the PT cruiser. So it works, but only if you live close to someone who knows what they're doing.
Exactly.

Old 17 Oct 2008, 07:54 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
There was a guy on PT Crew who was using SCT to tune his GT. Don't know how it worked out. Go there and see.

Who is that????

It works well,, but have the right person do the tune. AJ Berge of A&A Motorsports did mine.

Tom
Old 17 Oct 2008, 02:01 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Now there is the Diablosport Predator. These handheld devices are now specifically for the GT. The five speed tunes are already here and the automatic ones are very close to being ready.

Old 17 Oct 2008, 06:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Now there is the Diablosport Predator. These handheld devices are now specifically for the GT. The five speed tunes are already here and the automatic ones are very close to being ready.
Sooner than you might think,,, at least in R&D.

Tom