Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
E3 Spark Plugs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Nov 2008, 05:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default E3 Spark Plugs

About two weeks ago, my check engine light came on, my PT ran rough -- I had thought maybe it just was getting cranky so I took it in for an oil change, it did not take care of the check engine light. I took it to another place and they checked the codes and sure enough I had three misfire codes, and they recomended that I put manufacturer plugs and wires (I had the cranes cams wires and E3 spark plugs) because my car is still under warranty.

I did that. They pulled out the E3s and they looked like they had 200,000 miles on it rather than the 10,000 that I had on them.

They did give me better gas millage and performance, but I am not going to be putting them back into my car. I can't do tune ups every 10,000 miles. What my Fiance was thinking is that the Plugs are performance plugs and really not for the heavy every day drivers like my car. In the last five months I went about 10,000 miles.

I may try other plugs at my next tune up, which will most likely be after my warranty is up.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 06:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: E3 Spark Plugs

Champions or Autolite Platinum Plugs for a non turbo.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 26 Nov 2008, 01:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

According to his .sig, he has a GT. Maybe the plugs were in too cold of a heat range. I've actually never heard of E3 plugs.

Brian

Last edited by 03electricbluegt; 26 Nov 2008 at 01:32 pm. Reason: typo
Old 26 Nov 2008, 02:10 pm
Veteran Cruiser

You put the crappy stock wires back in over the Cranes? That's totally sad. The factory wires suck. Plugs that give you more performance and mpg? Only if the previous plugs were in bad shape. I'll take the stock Copper Plus plugs in my turbo any time and I'm nowhere near stock power levels. Bottom line is the Crane wires are much better than the crappy stock ones and the stock Copper Plus plugs are great when gapped at .035 - .040.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 27 Nov 2008, 11:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
You put the crappy stock wires back in over the Cranes? That's totally sad. The factory wires suck. Plugs that give you more performance and mpg? Only if the previous plugs were in bad shape. I'll take the stock Copper Plus plugs in my turbo any time and I'm nowhere near stock power levels. Bottom line is the Crane wires are much better than the crappy stock ones and the stock Copper Plus plugs are great when gapped at .035 - .040.
Agree. Irridium plugs last longer, only reason I went for them. As long as you have a good spark, plugs have done their job.
The stock wires ARE crap - and the Cranes have been great for me.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles