Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
AGP Wastegate Accuator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2008, 10:44 am
Regular Cruiser

Default AGP Wastegate Accuator

AGP does not list a wastegate accuator for the PT. I spoke to a tech @AGP and was told that there was no accuator available for the PT...Is the one listed for the SRT4 the same? Will installation on the PT require any modifications or is it a direct bolt on?
Old 08 Dec 2008, 02:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: AGP Wastegate Accuator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevhead View Post
AGP does not list a wastegate accuator for the PT. I spoke to a tech @AGP and was told that there was no accuator available for the PT...Is the one listed for the SRT4 the same? Will installation on the PT require any modifications or is it a direct bolt on?
The srt4 will fit. Had one on my '03 GT. You will have to cut a larger opening in the heatshield for the rod so it won't hang up. Do you know what part throttle boost is (PTB)?

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Dec 2008, 02:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks Mean Green. As far as "PTB" - I'm still learning...not sure what PTB is exactly. I heard that the AGP WGA will allow a more constant boost across the rpm range, and that it is adjustable so I can set and apply more boost (max 17 lb. with ST1 and no other changes?) than the factory unit. Will I have drivability issues at part throttle? I saw an install on an STR4, and it seemed to give it a real kick..
Old 08 Dec 2008, 03:49 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks Mean Green. As far as "PTB" - I'm still learning...not sure what PTB is exactly. I heard that the AGP WGA will allow a more constant boost across the rpm range, and that it is adjustable so I can set and apply more boost (max 17 lb. with ST1 and no other changes?) than the factory unit. Will I have drivability issues at part throttle? I saw an install on an STR4, and it seemed to give it a real kick..
You'll definitely get power, but with PTB. PTB is when you give it gas and the boost shoots way up even though you are not going very fast. Not good. Now you can either drive like a granny or go WOT (wide open throttle), nothing in between. You can control PTB with a dual stage boost controller (DSBC). That's what I did on my '03.

Old 09 Mar 2009, 03:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

I spoke to Tommy Thrift and he feels that the Mopar S2 is "tamer" than the AGP and I wouldn't have driveability issues at part throttle boost. I saw another string where you said you had the S2 with the S1 controller, and you liked it. Can you tell a little more about your experiance?
Old 09 Mar 2009, 03:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
I spoke to Tommy Thrift and he feels that the Mopar S2 is "tamer" than the AGP and I wouldn't have driveability issues at part throttle boost. I saw another string where you said you had the S2 with the S1 controller, and you liked it. Can you tell a little more about your experiance?
Tommy is correct. The S2 wga is a lot better for driveability. You do need S1 to go along with it so you can spike 18 psi without getting an overboost code. You'll love the power.

Old 09 Mar 2009, 03:49 pm
Regular Cruiser

Mean Green you are the best - I appreciate you sharing your knowledge
Old 18 Sep 2009, 12:39 am
Regular Cruiser

Hey Mean Green,
I know this is an old post, but just curious if you ran the Turbo XS dsbc with the s2 wga as well? I'm interested in this setup to help get off the line at the track!
2004 GT, 5spd, Stage1, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 2.5" Catback, 3" O2, 3" Needswings Catless DP, Mopar BOV, NGK Iridiums, Mopar Wires, Aeroforce Interceptor w/wideband kit, Vibrant Catch Can, Prothane Inserts, AMX1397 upper and lower pipes, Plastic Intake, Hurst STS, S2 WGA, Factory Sub and now Alky Injected!