Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Time for a new high flow exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2008, 09:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Time for a new high flow exhaust

Hello All I am looking for some info on an exhaust for my turbo pt. I already have the 3" O2 housing and now looking for some thing that will give me the performance with out the loud sound. I would like to keep it 3" all the way out but I have read some bad things about that too. So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

SC04PTGT
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Time for a new high flow exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC04PTGT View Post
Hello All I am looking for some info on an exhaust for my turbo pt. I already have the 3" O2 housing and now looking for some thing that will give me the performance with out the loud sound. I would like to keep it 3" all the way out but I have read some bad things about that too. So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

SC04PTGT
Besides your 3" o2 housing you need a 3" downpipe with or without a highflow cat and a 2 1/2" catback freeflow exhaust. You don't need to go a full 3" unless you are going big turbo.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Do you know were I can get a 3" down pipe with 2 bungs? All I can find is ones with cats Mandrel Exhaust Systems has a 3" with a cat with a high flow cat from magnaflow on it. The only none cat ones I have found are the ones for the SRT4. Is there any were I can go to hear peoples exhaust setup. I would like to have the go with out being to loud.

Thansk,

SC04pt

Last edited by SC04PTGT; 31 Dec 2008 at 02:03 pm.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 03:37 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Do you know were I can get a 3" down pipe with 2 bungs? All I can find is ones with cats Mandrel Exhaust Systems has a 3" with a cat with a high flow cat from magnaflow on it. The only none cat ones I have found are the ones for the SRT4. Is there any were I can go to hear peoples exhaust setup. I would like to have the go with out being to loud.

Thansk,

SC04pt
The SRT-4 dp will fit, but is a little short. It can be added to easily. If you are worried about loud then look at the Mopar/Borla 2 1/2" catback exhaust. It comes with a flow through muffler.

Old 31 Dec 2008, 03:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have looked at thoses I had one on my 02 NA and I loved it. You could tell it was made well. But they are pricey. Thansk,
Old 31 Dec 2008, 04:39 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
I have looked at thoses I had one on my 02 NA and I loved it. You could tell it was made well. But they are pricey. Thansk,
Look at the 2 1/2" Heartthrob catback at JC Whitney. I had the single exhaust which wasn't very loud and flowed well. There is also a dual exhaust. Both priced well.

Iced Out EMZ PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM KITS : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories