Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
without one...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2009, 10:45 am
Regular Cruiser

Default without one...

Hi, i was wodnering if you can feel a power change , with the seat of your pants test, when you take the muffler out? Is it that loud, or like a srt4?

Thanks!

To hell with all religions!

Yes my baby is stock, for now!
Old 21 Jan 2009, 02:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: without one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpug666 View Post
Hi, i was wodnering if you can feel a power change , with the seat of your pants test, when you take the muffler out? Is it that loud, or like a srt4?

Thanks!
when you delete just the muffler it becomes as loud as a stock SRT-4, which isnt that loud.
it does spool a little faster with it deleted.

when you do a cat delete or downpipe and remove the resignators then it becomes a little bit louder then a stock SRT-4 but not by much.

i can get vid of a stock exhaust SRT and my wifes cruiser side by side this weekend if i remember. all she has is a 3in DP and stright pipe. not loud. now my side exit 3 in stright pipe exhaust on my SRT is loud.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 21 Jan 2009, 04:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

thanks man! gonna take the muffler off....when it gets better up here. ****ing snow

Old 21 Jan 2009, 05:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpug666 View Post
thanks man! gonna take the muffler off....when it gets better up here. ****ing snow
well crap send the snow my way i wanna play in it!!

do you still want me to make that vid??

Nevin.

3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 21 Jan 2009, 05:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

ill never say no to a nice vid i appreciate that!

Old 21 Jan 2009, 05:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

ok, then i'll do it this weekend or sooner depending on how things work out.

Nevin.

Old 22 Jan 2009, 09:40 am
Cool Cruiser

heres the vid.

the SRT has only an intake, no exhaust mods
the cruiser has what mods are listed in my sig. 3in, O2, 3in downpipe, 2.5 stright pipe.

Nevin.

Old 27 Jan 2009, 09:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinsrt View Post

heres the vid.

the SRT has only an intake, no exhaust mods
the cruiser has what mods are listed in my sig. 3in, O2, 3in downpipe, 2.5 stright pipe.
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH the srt4 sounds awesome, the pt also. The pt seems to have the exact same music, but on a higher lever... On your opinion how would it sound if the last foot or so would be 3inch to 3.5 inch?

thanks so much again...

PS my wife is pissed at you because she just saw the vid (27th january) and the forecast for tomorow is between 15-25 cm or about 6 to 10inches of snow...she saw how nice the weather was in your vid. lol

Old 27 Jan 2009, 09:41 pm
Veteran Cruiser

If you have a super sensitive butt dyno you MIGHT be able to feel a difference although the louder sound will make you swear you can feel it. Just taking off the muffler isn't going to do much if you still have the stock turboback exhaust system......Is your PT a turbo? If not then a nonturbo PT without a muffler will be totally just sound and no power gain.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 28 Jan 2009, 05:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
If you have a super sensitive butt dyno you MIGHT be able to feel a difference although the louder sound will make you swear you can feel it. Just taking off the muffler isn't going to do much if you still have the stock turboback exhaust system......Is your PT a turbo? If not then a nonturbo PT without a muffler will be totally just sound and no power gain.

ya its a gt