Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
another wasegate question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2009, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default another wasegate question

i recently ordered a "vision" wastegate from ebay its suppose to be a knockoff of an AGP type, looks great and price was affordable. but my question is i have a mopar BOV kit and in some of the installs ive seen on the internet they are actually using a blockoff plate insted of that type of BOV.. does anyone have any experience with installing a wastegate and has a BOV kit like mine? any feedback is much appreciated
Thanks, Daniel
Old 17 Mar 2009, 04:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: another wasegate question

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_pt2003 View Post
i recently ordered a "vision" wastegate from ebay its suppose to be a knockoff of an AGP type, looks great and price was affordable. but my question is i have a mopar BOV kit and in some of the installs ive seen on the internet they are actually using a blockoff plate insted of that type of BOV.. does anyone have any experience with installing a wastegate and has a BOV kit like mine? any feedback is much appreciated
Thanks, Daniel
On my '03 GT I had both the stock surge valve (same as the mopar bov) and a HKS SSQV bov. The combo worked great. It was recommended by a speed shop in Florida to use both.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 18 Mar 2009, 11:42 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_pt2003 View Post
Thanks, Daniel
the pics your seeing of the install is the person has an aftermarket BOV and installed the plate, lots of people are useing the setup you have and aftermarket BOVs or dual setups like stated above. your BOV setup is fine, just remove the old WGA and install the new one. make sure you have a boost gauge installed in the car before you start adjusting the boost. you dont wanna run lean. if its like the AGP one your gonna want to run a new line from being the turbo to the WGA and remove the plastic stock lines, and your gonna have some part throttle boost.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 18 Mar 2009, 01:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok cool thanks for the feedback guys! that's the same thing that i was thinking but i just wanted to get someone else advice on the subject! by the way i got a boost gauge from a friend and he said it worked right for him but its not reading vac. do u guys happen to know if it sounds like a problem with the gauge or setup? probably kinda hard to tell without actually seeing it..
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:14 am
Cool Cruiser

if its not reading VAC theres something wrong with it.

when looking at the gauge is the needle sitting at Zero when off.

you can get a new autometer 30/30 gauge from autozone, checkers/krager/shucks/O'riley, or pep boys for around $60

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 01 Apr 2009, 01:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
On my '03 GT I had both the stock surge valve (same as the mopar bov) and a HKS SSQV bov. The combo worked great. It was recommended by a speed shop in Florida to use both.
Smart move. It never hurts to have an extra bypass valve. Save your turbo!