PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
air/fuel gauge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2009, 10:49 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to JaviPTGT
Exclamation air/fuel gauge

I just installed my air/fuel ratio gauge, I did it just like the forum said. I used the o2 sensor that is inside the cat, out of the four wires in the sensor, there are 2 white, 1 gray, and 1 black. I used the black one, because it was the signal wire that I was told to use. I turned my car on and the gauge stays on rich. I just stay there even at idel. I think it mit be the o2 but i heard if its bad it goes to lean and stay. The only fuel thing i have is a adj. map clamp and i turn it to lean and it stay at rich. Need your help asap email me coolcat34113@yahoo.com or call me let me know 574-780-5580
Old 23 Mar 2009, 01:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: air/fuel gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaviPTGT View Post
I just installed my air/fuel ratio gauge, I did it just like the forum said. I used the o2 sensor that is inside the cat, out of the four wires in the sensor, there are 2 white, 1 gray, and 1 black. I used the black one, because it was the signal wire that I was told to use. I turned my car on and the gauge stays on rich. I just stay there even at idel. I think it mit be the o2 but i heard if its bad it goes to lean and stay. The only fuel thing i have is a adj. map clamp and i turn it to lean and it stay at rich. Need your help asap email me coolcat34113@yahoo.com or call me let me know 574-780-5580
You can't use the stock o2 sensor. You need to add one before the cat. Are you trying to use a cheap narrowband or the more expensive wideband a/f gauge? The narrowband is just a light show and does not work properly. A wideband is what you need to use and they are a lot more money. Around $300. Here's an example of hooking one up on a srt-4. HOW-TO: Install AEM UEGO Wideband - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 23 Mar 2009, 04:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

yeh it just a narrow band but the light dont move it stay on rich what could it be. my friends moves all over the place my dont
Old 23 Mar 2009, 04:26 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
yeh it just a narrow band but the light dont move it stay on rich what could it be. my friends moves all over the place my dont
You will blow up your engine. That "light show" is not accurate at all and with you fooling the computer about your boost with the MAP clamp you can run lean before the "light show" tries to tell you. You will hear a "boom!" and your engine block will be toast. I've seen holes the size of a golf ball when an engine runs lean. If you are going to run with a MAP clamp you need to do it right and use a wideband a/f gauge. Personally, I wouldn't run with a MAP clamp. There are better ways to increase boost safely.

Old 23 Mar 2009, 08:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

like how let me know i was going to get stage one but its $800 for my year and thats to much
Old 23 Mar 2009, 09:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
like how let me know i was going to get stage one but its $800 for my year and thats to much
Must be an '03 GT.

Old 24 Mar 2009, 04:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

yeh it a auto stick too can you help me some people on here told me to get a map clamp so i got it. dont know what to do i hate people like thats
Old 25 Mar 2009, 06:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i have an 03 pt Gt and just bought an autometer "carbon fiber" air fuel gauge and was looking on here to get install instructions and to see if anyone has any advice on hooking it up... looks like i have just wasted my money lol im not running a map clamp and i was wondering about the o2 sensor hook up? now if i have read correctly? i cant hook it up to the o2 in the cat it has to be before? where do i hook up that o2 sensor if i install one? mabey a dumb question i dunno... i was under the impression that it was an easy install and all i have read about this gauge makes it seem like a nightmare.. any words of wisdom mean green?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 07:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

yeh i took my map clamp off cause i heard its bad for your motor. I can sell you my if you like i paid 30 for it. but ill sell it to you for 15 ill pay shipping if you like. Its a king clamp
Old 25 Mar 2009, 07:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

lol thanks man but why would i want to buy somthing that is bad for the motor?