PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Oh Yessss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2003, 07:42 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Oh Yessss

I am so pleased right now.
Just got my car back from the exhaust guy.
Sounds just how i want it, no 3000rpm drone and stock quiet at idle with a little burble. Less resistence too, when i take my foot off the gas, the car doesn't resist anymore.
Just with a wider pipe and a magnaflow muffler tro dual tips.
N o creaking, clunking or contacts anyewhere
drove it down the main street to where i live, and did clunk once.
I'm very happy. Until S2, this was the best investment i have made so far.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 08:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Could you gib=ve me an idea of what your exhaust man used for your system? Are U 2 1/4" in out behind the cat or bigger?? Did you go further and upgrade before the cat?? How big are the dual pipes??

Thanks, I am loooking for just what U described for my GT!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 08:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Just after the cat, there is a choke down. He removed the choke point and welded a 2.5" pipe down through over the axle to a 5x8 Universal Magnaflow muffler mounted where the spare tire used to be. The exits on the muffler are 2.25" but are a short run to the tips which are the same.
The spare is now in my trunk with a custom boot over it. The shelf in it's lowest position hides it well.
heres some pics:

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 27 Aug 2003, 08:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

I do like it but not sure if I want my spare in the trunk! Why am I so picky? Problem being it is used by wife for her teaching job and she semi weekly piles up stuff in her trunk for her work!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

k, but there is still almost the same room in there as without the tire.
I'll have to take a pic.
Keeping the tire limited positions for the muffler, unless u used a huge resonator or something instead of a muffler.
I almost didn't do it, but i am glad i did in the end

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:

Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:02 am
Senior Cruiser

PTGT Redman

You mention driving down main street and experienced a "clunk". Do you mean when going over a bump? I had "clunks" going over bumps, dips in the road, very rough roads with minor pot holes, etc. If this is want you mean my problem was the newly installed pipe hitting the bolts that goes through the rear axle about dead center. My installer at first tried just banging the pipe up a bit but that didn't work so he just took the whole length of pipe out and installed a new one about an inch further out to avoid that bolt. Now I can go over anything with no problems. He did say that he was surprised at the play in the rear springs. He didn't anticipate that.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 08:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

bigdogdad,

i had that with the bassani and the borla on my01.
I found out that the rear axle (esp with eibachs) would contact the pipe on twisting bumps. In addition the bassani on my lowered cruiser would hit the same pipe. the borla i had the section of pipe over the axle made to run higher and deeper to avoid where i thought the pipe was hitting. I initially suspected the watts linkage arm on the left, but looking at the car on the lift it was clearly the axle as there was so much suspension travel that it slammed against the pipe. Only occured if I lowered the car.

Homepage: