Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A few questions about parts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2009, 11:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default A few questions about parts.

Hi, i have been reading through the forum for a while now, and i was hoping to get a definitive answer to a few questions:
With the stage 1 turbo upgrade, does the Mopar BOV add any HP, or is it just noise?
With the stage 1 upgrade, would a check valve be necessary, prudent, or just completely unnecessary?
On an automatic with the stage 1, is the BOV going to be really loud, or just loud, and is it going to do it EVERYtime i let off the gas, or only at somewhat high throttle? ( am i going to annoy the neighbors driving past, or is only going to go PPSSCCCHHH when i really hammer down? I figure that on an automatic the noise will be less frequent and less noticeable, but i was wondering if anyone can speak from experience.... )

thanks for any reply

Fabes
Old 22 Jul 2009, 08:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A few questions about parts.

I am not an expert - PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it. has experts, but...
BOV does not add HP, but is more than noise - it dumps pressure when you let off gas so that when you get on gas again the turbo spools up quicker..
Where is the check valve you're talking about? In the PCV valve line? That's a good idea, Stage 1 or not.
Just putting on an intake caused my turbo to be noisier - it sounds Darth Vader-like...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Jul 2009, 06:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: A few questions about parts.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to read over that website a bit more.

I'm not sure of where that check valve would go, I just kept reading posts on here mentioning it, I was hoping my questiong would help provide more info on the matter.

I love my 2004 Touring Edition 2.4L Turbo!!