PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28 Aug 2009, 12:06 pm
supradude869's Avatar
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Laughlin NV, and Bullhead City AZ
Posts: 12
Default TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

hey guys i need some help. i have an 03 pt gt dream cruiser manual trans. and i got a few bolt ons nothing major. but i have an issue and i cant solve it.

last night and most recently i took the car to a local "track" and had some issues. when accelerating the car spits or bogs or something where it makes the car jerk above 14psi. it sounds like the turbo is sneezing out of the bov violently. it does this jerking sneezing hokey pokey motion until the rpms hits about 4500-5000 and the boost drops down to 11 psi. it does this not only on the track but local driving as well.


i have no codes and no check engine light on so its not electrical, i just changed the plugs about 2 months ago and i checked them periodically and they aren't burnt broken or damaged. I installed a screamin demon ignition about 1 1/2 years ago along with 10 mm wires. so its not that. it has the srt stage 1 upgrade with the bigger injectors so im getting plenty of fuel. all turbo vacuum lines have been checked and inspected nothing cracked or missing, that goes along with the charge pipes those are fine too.

i think the waste gate isnt working because the fluttering of the turbo and/or wg is no longer there. im losing alot of power and its getting worse day by day even passing traffic is dangerous because of the lack of power.

any idea guys please help
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Aug 2009, 08:37 pm
CYCLONE_06's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 401
Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradude869 View Post
hey guys i need some help. i have an 03 pt gt dream cruiser manual trans. and i got a few bolt ons nothing major. but i have an issue and i cant solve it.

last night and most recently i took the car to a local "track" and had some issues. when accelerating the car spits or bogs or something where it makes the car jerk above 14psi. it sounds like the turbo is sneezing out of the bov violently. it does this jerking sneezing hokey pokey motion until the rpms hits about 4500-5000 and the boost drops down to 11 psi. it does this not only on the track but local driving as well.


i have no codes and no check engine light on so its not electrical, i just changed the plugs about 2 months ago and i checked them periodically and they aren't burnt broken or damaged. I installed a screamin demon ignition about 1 1/2 years ago along with 10 mm wires. so its not that. it has the srt stage 1 upgrade with the bigger injectors so im getting plenty of fuel. all turbo vacuum lines have been checked and inspected nothing cracked or missing, that goes along with the charge pipes those are fine too.

i think the waste gate isnt working because the fluttering of the turbo and/or wg is no longer there. im losing alot of power and its getting worse day by day even passing traffic is dangerous because of the lack of power.

any idea guys please help
Yes sir. I have a 2003 Dream Cruiser Auto stick. I kno exactly what you are talking about. Just solved a very similar problem.

Where are your plugs gapped at ? I had exactly the same symptoms u are describing. No codes, new plugs and wires, no boost or vaccume leaks, nothing.

I couldnt for the life of me, figure out why my car would get this bog or hesitate between 4500 and 5500 rpms at wide open throttle.

Wanna know what it was ? I gapped the plugs at .035 before I put AMX hard pipes on the car. After I changed the pipes, the boost went up by 1 to 2 lbs, and then started getting this miss. I took the plugs out, and lowered the gap to .030. Problem cured.

Try it, see what happens. By the way, what number is ur dream cruiser ?

~CYCLONE_06
__________________


"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 30 Aug 2009, 01:16 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

Obviously you haven't seen the posts about the Screamin Demon coil and how it can crap out and/or melt on the PT, especially the PT turbo and on the Neon SRT-4. Same problem with the MSD coil, too. I'll bet it is your aftermarket coil. The factory coil is more than adequate on these cars, even when running higher hp.
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 30 Aug 2009, 06:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,324
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Obviously you haven't seen the posts about the Screamin Demon coil and how it can crap out and/or melt on the PT, especially the PT turbo and on the Neon SRT-4. Same problem with the MSD coil, too. I'll bet it is your aftermarket coil. The factory coil is more than adequate on these cars, even when running higher hp.
ditto!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 31 Aug 2009, 05:01 pm
supradude869's Avatar
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Laughlin NV, and Bullhead City AZ
Posts: 12
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

ok ill check the plugs tonight at home and cyclone my pt is #366
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 31 Aug 2009, 05:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradude869 View Post
ok ill check the plugs tonight at home and cyclone my pt is #366
Switch out the coil with a stock one.
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08 Sep 2009, 08:11 pm
CYCLONE_06's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 401
Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

Did you ever find out what the problem was ?

~CYCLONE_06
__________________


"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09 Sep 2009, 01:42 pm
supradude869's Avatar
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Laughlin NV, and Bullhead City AZ
Posts: 12
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

yeah i did i switched to the stock coil and it actually did it worse then i did the plugs and put new ones on because the others went bad idk y just did. then it did it worse then. then the .030 gad helped alot the problem was kinda cured it still does it time to time i think the gapping might be off a lil so i have to check on that but a lil more tinkering and i should be ready for the track on friday
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09 Sep 2009, 03:54 pm
CYCLONE_06's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 401
Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

Keep us informed. Hate it when a thread goes un answered.

~CYCLONE_06
__________________


"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 15 Sep 2009, 12:21 pm
supradude869's Avatar
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Laughlin NV, and Bullhead City AZ
Posts: 12
Default Re: TURBO ISSUE NEED ASSISTANCE

ok ive been working on the pt for about two days now and i cant figure it out now the hesitation started again after i replaced all the plugs wires and went back to a stock ignition coil. i did gap them at .030 and still same response then i did .040 and that was worse. now at 4000rpm boosting anything over 8 pounds the car just makes a murmur noise and the vehicle goes no where. under 8 pounds the car is drivable but the vehicle cant go WOT without spitting and bogging and then when it hits that 4000 rpm area it just mur murs again im at a lost PLEASE HELP ME

the only code i have is the rear o2 sensor on the cat because the wire broke off i just need to solder it back together i dont think thats the issue because thats been off it before this started happening PLEASE HELP
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo Replacement Question PTCruzzn General Turbo Discussions 7 06 Jul 2009 07:14 pm
Stage 1 Kit official or aftermarket? vash382 Stage Turbo Kits 30 03 Jul 2009 03:58 pm
Blow Off Valve Conversion Kit gonzomania Tech & Performance Forum 10 08 Sep 2004 09:08 am
2003 PT Turbo Review by AUTOTEST FILE Gary04GT General Turbo Discussions 2 12 Jul 2003 09:14 am
Chrysler to Offer New Cheaper GT Turbo skylight PT Cruiser News and Rumors 19 12 Jun 2003 02:04 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors