Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
BTG intake last calls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default BTG intake last calls

I'm ready to purchase the Turbo air intake form BTG. Main reason, I LOVE THEIR EXHAUST. I feel these guys put allot of time into building quality parts, and yes I heard MexicanPT and his complaints about how loud it sounds, but it's loud now, and I hear the turbo spin with the air silencers removed (which they stay out anyway with this new system.) I respect anyone else's opinion before I make the jump. Gary
Old 24 Sep 2003, 11:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Well Gary I've had BTG intake for a couple months...I also have bassani single muffler ,and mopar bov.....the intake as loud as it is, was no louder that my homemade intake and isn't as loud as the bov ! I like how my car sounds but others are going to disagree as it's a very subjective topic.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Don't take my word for it, if you like your car te be loud and people to look at you, the BTG is for you, I never said it was no good, don't take me wrong, I just said it was too loud for me, not even loud, I just didn't like the sound of air coming out.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to midnight03

can maybe someone post a clip of how it sounds? Is it a sucking kinda sound?
Crane Firwires
Old 25 Sep 2003, 09:25 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I will say that with two BTG systems for sale on the classifieds, it is giving me cold feet. flashback2, you said you have the single muffler, my exhaust is deep, throaty kind of sound, much louder than yours I'm sure. I like the way my car sounds now, just looking to add a little more performance while dressing up the engine at the same time. I read somewhere that they want to wait for a improved system? Isn't this type of system basically fool proof. I mean how can it be improved? You have one pipe going to the turbo, the other bringing in air? I'm no gearhead, but I respect the boards opinion and knowledge. Mexican PT, I understand your point, I don't want to post the third system in the classifieds either. Where is the money better spent if I wait? and how long before another system comes out, decisions, decisions. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 25 Sep 2003, 10:38 am
Young Cruiser

..I have the BTG full suspension along with their dual exhaust and intake...I have never regretted any of the changes and never have had complaints from bystanders or riders. The intake is quieter at full throttle than at low throttle...meaning you will hear the air going through the small opening of the throttle when cracked open. I really doubt that any of them will be any quieter. The quality and eye appeal of the intake says alot...it fit well and I have run mine hard and stopped and quickly opened the hood to find the intake much cooler than expected..actually was amazed at how cool the pipe was...If you don't want to hear anything you better keep the stock box, but I really doubt much of the other after market stuff will come up to BTG standard..
Old 25 Sep 2003, 11:31 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with earringboy, the intake quality is top notch.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary, I have heard the BTG, but have not heard the Air raid unit. I have an AMX1397 3" turbo up intake. The BTG is not as loud as the 1397 intake, in fact it is quite a bit quieter. I am running the Scottsdale dual exhaust with a glasspak that is tuned for the cruiser. Its pretty loud, and has a nice deep sound. The BTG IMHO will not adversley effect the sound of the exhaust system. In fact I think it enhances the overall sound of the car (weather it sounds too loud or not is your call) I'll send you an E-Mail shortly.

Alan [}]
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

I just want to ellaborate on my experience with the BTG, the fit was great and he install was a no-brainer, it looks pretty good too.

The sound, when you're on the throttle all the way it has a nice deep sound and you cab really hear the turbo spooling, this part of the sound was great.

The part of the sound I personaly didn't like is when letting off the throttle, the sound of air rushing outwards was not my cup of tea. That's the part of the sound that was too loud for me, since I'm almost never going at it at full throttle I heard that sound most of the time.