Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
making progress w/code light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Apr 2010, 05:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default making progress w/code light

Hi guys, I'm making progress with my engine codes. No engine light on until it idles for a while ...then it blinks!! reads a 0304 number. Any ideas? Thx, Bill
Old 02 Apr 2010, 05:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: making progress w/code light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvour04ptgt View Post
Hi guys, I'm making progress with my engine codes. No engine light on until it idles for a while ...then it blinks!! reads a 0304 number. Any ideas? Thx, Bill
I Googled 0304 and got the following:
Error Code P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected - PT Cruiser Forum
10 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Sep 5, 2009
My check engine light has been coming on and going off for the last couple of weeks. When I pulled the code, I got P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire ...
PT Cruiser LINKS .com - Accessories Parts Forums 2010 Convertible ... Tech & Performance Forum - Cached - Similar

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 Apr 2010, 06:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Bill,

P304 could be a vacuum leak around the upper manifold or of course the biggest fault would be a bad plug or wire. If you have the time, take the number 3 plug wire and swap it with the No.2 wire. Take the negative cable off the battery (clear all codes) and see if the fault light comes back with the P0304 again. If it changes to P0302, you have a bad wire. If not, do the same with the no#3 plug itself, swap it with plug #2. Clear the codes, and if P0302 comes up, bad plug. If the fault still stays the same after all the swapping around, check all the seams of the upper manifold around the center tubes. You might have a vacuum leak.

More on this from PT Do-It-Yourself.net...

The blinking engine light indicates that there are 'pending' codes to be read with a scanner. They do not read on the odometer test, but are in a special section of memory that a scanner can access. Rough idle or running, and misfire, can (after a hot soak) be caused by many things. The EGR and fuel systems are the first on my list of possible causes.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 07:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Thanks Cruzin

Yes, I tried a new wire and no change...runs fast ok but still idles a little rough and after sitting at idle the light comes on and blinks. Goes off after back on the road for a few miles. I'll check intake manifold for leaks..is that correct? Anything else? Thx, Bill
Old 02 Apr 2010, 07:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You didn't say weather you took out the plug and looked at it and swapped that. You ave to eliminate everything and it isn't costing you anything.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 07:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

sorry, new plug also.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 08:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well then, look for a vacuum leak or try and get a professional with a scanner. Maybe someone else will come along with another idea.