Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Blow off plate issue...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 May 2010, 09:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Blow off plate issue...

Alright well I'm sure most of you know that installing the BOV from mopar is a real PITA... well the farthest bolt was rusted, so we tried working it in and out to relieve some of the rust... and it busted off inside. Eitherway we got the surge gate off, and put the BOV on with two bolts and there was a slight gap on the third hole like 1-2 mm... it sounded like a supercharger/a dying cat. So after realizing that getting that turbo off is more trouble than it's worth, we went and got some high temp RTV and loaded it... it now sounds like a normal turbo but there's no blow off sound... What would you guys recommend?
Old 07 May 2010, 09:49 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Blow off plate issue...

Start saving your money for a new motor/turbo cause you need the bov to be working. You really messed up. I would not drive it that way.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 May 2010, 08:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Start saving your money for a new motor/turbo cause you need the bov to be working. You really messed up. I would not drive it that way.
Yeah I know lol aluminum and steel just don't mix =\ I'm gonna see if I can try to bring it somewhere so they can drill it and tap it out
Old 10 May 2010, 08:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Had the same thing happen to me, had the friend pull the turbo, drill and tap it and all is good now. He said pulling it wasnt hard at all.

-------------------2003 Pt Cruiser Turbo 57k miles-------------------
Old 10 May 2010, 03:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

pulling the turbo off on a PT is alot easier then the lack of room on a Neon.

3- 16mm, 2- 8mm, 1- 10mm, and one worm grove clamp and the turbo comes off.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 22 May 2010, 02:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah haha I actually just pulled it myself, the guy I spoke to told me I'd have to drop the engine a few inches to get to it but other than that it was pretty easy. I did that the same time I upgraded the injectors and CAI so everything was already apart. My friends also convinced me to do this, at first I thought it was dumb but I think I'm gonna leave it after trying it for a few days:

The other side I had to move all "cruiser" to the right about an inch to accommodate the larger GT lettering.