Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I wanna go FAST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2010, 08:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default I wanna go FAST

I have a 2005 turbo gt cruiser and bought a intake mopar bov lowered it and a boost gauge. I want to go fast now what is the next thing i can buy that would give me a nice gain of power and would prob beat mustangs and most cars.
Old 11 May 2010, 09:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: I wanna go FAST

Well, what you bought so far won't do a damn thing towards your goal so just about anything else might help.

...and don't forget to save a little for your citations. Hope to see ya on the road.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 11 May 2010 at 09:10 pm.
Old 11 May 2010, 09:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

cool doesnt help i need to know what to buy thats why i have if i new what to buy i would have done it already
Old 12 May 2010, 01:37 am
Regular Cruiser

There are lots of ways you can go:
-Stage 1 PCM if you can find (this is the building block for many other mods)
-Or DSP handheld tuner
-new plugs and wires will help if not done already
-Airbox Mod
-3" O2 housing, 3" DP, and rest of exhaust
-Hardpipes
-Plastic intake if you currently have Aluminum
-Stiffer WGA, Mopar S2 is good
-At this point you will need wideband
-Sticky tires
-Boost control
-After you have done all this you will need to replace LCA bushings, motor mounts, axles, clutch soon or possibly auto tranny as you will start breaking stuff!
-Bigger Turbo, injectors, fuel pump
-The list goes on and on

Go to PTCrew, check out The Mod Bible and learn!
2004 GT, 5spd, Stage1, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 2.5" Catback, 3" O2, 3" Needswings Catless DP, Mopar BOV, NGK Iridiums, Mopar Wires, Aeroforce Interceptor w/wideband kit, Vibrant Catch Can, Prothane Inserts, AMX1397 upper and lower pipes, Plastic Intake, Hurst STS, S2 WGA, Factory Sub and now Alky Injected!
Old 12 May 2010, 11:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

were do i find these parts i cant find them anywhere
Old 12 May 2010, 11:33 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTcruiser23 View Post
I want to go fast now what is the next thing i can buy that would give me a nice gain of power.

This'll probably do it.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 12 May 2010, 11:35 am
Regular Cruiser

See additional comments below:

-Stage 1 PCM -look for a used on on forum classifieds here and PTCrew-Or DSP handheld tuner-search web for Diablo predator Sport
-new plugs and wires will help if not done already-Dodge SRT4 - Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Dodge Neon - Chevrolet Cobalt SS Performance Parts and Accesories
-Airbox Mod-PTCrew Mod Bible
-3" O2 housing, 3" DP, and rest of exhaust-Dodge SRT4 - Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Dodge Neon - Chevrolet Cobalt SS Performance Parts and Accesories or Performance auto parts & aftermarket auto accessories for your car, specializing SRT4, Crossfire SRT6, SLK32, C32 AMG, VR-4
-Hardpipes-Performance auto parts & aftermarket auto accessories for your car, specializing SRT4, Crossfire SRT6, SLK32, C32 AMG, VR-4
-Plastic intake if you currently have Aluminum -Chrysler Dealer
-Stiffer WGA, Mopar S2 is goodl-look for a used on on forum classifieds here and PTCrew or SRT forums
-At this point you will need wideband-Dodge SRT4 - Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Dodge Neon - Chevrolet Cobalt SS Performance Parts and Accesories
-Sticky tires-tirerack.com
-Boost control-Dodge SRT4 - Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Dodge Neon - Chevrolet Cobalt SS Performance Parts and Accesories
-After you have done all this you will need to replace LCA bushings, motor mounts, axles, clutch soon or possibly auto tranny as you will start breaking stuff!
-Bigger Turbo, injectors, fuel pump-lots of places

This should get you started. There are other places to look as well though
2004 GT, 5spd, Stage1, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 2.5" Catback, 3" O2, 3" Needswings Catless DP, Mopar BOV, NGK Iridiums, Mopar Wires, Aeroforce Interceptor w/wideband kit, Vibrant Catch Can, Prothane Inserts, AMX1397 upper and lower pipes, Plastic Intake, Hurst STS, S2 WGA, Factory Sub and now Alky Injected!
Old 12 May 2010, 11:37 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: I wanna go FAST

Hey their GTcruiser23,

First off, welcome to the Forum,

The expensive way, get a Hemi.

The cheap way, find a really big hill.

All kidding aside, if you are really serious, and want to max out your motors capability, I would also try posting over at PT Crew as they are more gear heads, and many Members over their actually use their PT's on the track. In fact they have an entire section dedicated to time slips in the 1/4 mile. So I would be willing to think many of them should be able to point you in the right direction.

If I were to point you to one Member in particular, it would probably be Captain Cog as I know he has beat Vette's outright in a 1/4 with no trouble at all. (sorry their Crewzin, no disrespect)

I actually have a friend who is trying to sell his PT with Hemi here in SO Cal for real. Here is a pic of it, and it is in the classified section on this Forum.

Though I myself am kinda more partial to this one. Better color, and I recon it might have a bit more seriousness about it, or at least looks the part.

After that, just make sure you keep it off the street and on the track, and try your best not to hurt yourself in the process.

That's my two cents anyways. Go easy, and I'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 12 May 2010 at 11:43 am.
Old 12 May 2010, 12:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTcruiser23 View Post
were do i find these parts i cant find them anywhere
you know where to find them. a few days ago i sent you a PM with a list of links.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 12 May 2010, 12:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

there is a thing called google also.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge